Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Soundsport cord

I have had several pair of the sound sport in-ear headsets, that the cord close to where you plug it into your iPhone has went bad over time. Is there a fix for this? Can you replace the cord?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport cord

Hi alaramore, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear this and would appreciate you attaching images of the headphones so that we can advise? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Hello, I just had the same issue with my Sound sport wired headphones. The cord near the plug began to fray a while ago and the audio has finally begun to cut in and out. I've had these headphones for at least five years, so well past any warranty, but am curious if Bose has any policy around this? I am certain that the headphones and microphone are still in great shape. It would be great if I could:

A) Send them back to get the cord repaired

B) Send them back for Bose to properly recycle the headphones

For option B, it would be great if Bose provided some sort of credit or discount towards a future purchase if these are returned (assuming proof of original purchase is provided).

Happy to provide a picture, though I do not see an option to attach a file/image.

Thanks,

Scott

Highlighted

Hey Scott,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue with your cable. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.   

We offer some great service options so please do reach out to us!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!