Karthikeyan_V
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 27, 2018

Soundsport free - Audio/Video Lag

Hey,
I bought the soundsport free yesterday. The audio quality is excellent. On using the "Bose connect" app for the first time, there was an over-the-air update for the earphones. The lag that was present between the audio and the video was slightly reduced....it is still noticeable though. Is there going to be a fix for it? If there is no fix. I think I might return this product cause I feel for a pair of earphones thar cost so much, these minor annoying issues is not acceptable.
98 REPLIES 98
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport free - Audio/Video Lag

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!  Congratulations on your new headphones!  I'm glad that you are enjoying the audio quality.  Let's try a few troubleshooting steps. 

Could you try pairing the headphones with another device and see if the lag is consistent?  What device are you currently using them with?

Let's clear the pairing list - just press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds, you should hear a voice prompt or tone letting you know that the list is cleared.  At this point make sure to delete the headphones from your device's paired list then reestablish the connection and test it out.

Let me know how it goes?

I hope that you have a wonderful day! Please take care,

Shiloh - Community Support 

dmoney
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

@Shiloh_Cwrote:

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!  Congratulations on your new headphones!  I'm glad that you are enjoying the audio quality.  Let's try a few troubleshooting steps. 

Could you try pairing the headphones with another device and see if the lag is consistent?  What device are you currently using them with?

Let's clear the pairing list - just press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds, you should hear a voice prompt or tone letting you know that the list is cleared.  At this point make sure to delete the headphones from your device's paired list then reestablish the connection and test it out.

Let me know how it goes?

I hope that you have a wonderful day! Please take care,

Shiloh - Community Support 

Hello,

I am having this same issue like MANY OTHERS.

I have updated the ear buds to the newest firmware.  I have umpaired, deleted connection and re-paired.

I still have A/V sync issue while steaming youtube, xfinity, netflix and amazon video. 

I also have a sync issue with downloaded videos from youtube.

My Phone is an Android LG G6 Verizon edition running the newest firmware.

Please explain to us what your Tech Team is doing to resolve this issue, before I return these ear buds.

Regards

D

P.S  This is my 3rd pair of Bose Free Earbuds and all have had this issue.

Karthikeyan_V
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 27, 2018

Hey,
I was lucky enough to get a replacement. lucky cause some online sellers (in Amazon)don't offer a replacement/return very easily.
So, I did try what you told me with the new pair of earphones. The problem still persists. I use an Android device. Apps like YouTube , MX player Pro , VLC exhibit this issue. Videos on Facebook are fine, comparitively better I must say. When I used it with my laptop (Windows 10 pro) on YouTube.com there again this lag issue is present. Not just YouTube.com but any vidoe player in the pc I use this lag is seen.
Jambo2575
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 1, 2018

I was pretty close to buying myself a set of these, noticed the video lag issue when demoing them in a Bose shop and asked the customer assistant about it, they said not to worry as this has been fixed in a firmware update.

Still I thought I should look into this further myself before buying and am glad I did, can see from this thread that even with latest updates there is still an issue, totally unaccpetable for such expensive kit and downright misleading. 

Won't by buying these and pretty turned off Bose as a company! 

Nick Tang
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

As told by someone in another thread about the lagging issue, BOSE didn't adopt the Qualcomm APTX LL technology, it is a hardware solution to have Low Latency . so, they can hardly to remove that in software side (firmware). I was told Android is better than iOS already.

DudeDad
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I bought a pair last night at the Bose store in Bethesda, MD.  I tested them in the store with my iPhone X,  For music, they are great.  I used them in the gym today and they were perfect.  I also test them with the YouTube app, and noticed the lag.  WIth the Netflix and HBO Go apps, no lag at all.  Perfectly in sync.  The store updated the firmware on my pair.  I went back tonight to get my wife a pair before her run tomorrow.

As I will use these mainly for music, the YouTube lag is not an issue for me.  I have a pair of Bose QC 35s, so I'm set.

malhar
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Hey there,

I recently got my pair of Bose soundsport free. The music quality is really superior as compared to other wireless earphones. But I am experiencing lags on all offline videos as well as online streams like many others. I tried all the things mentioned hereby by connecting with a different device, clearing the pairing list, repairing with the same as well as other devices, but THE LAG still persists.

Please help me fix the issue, I am seriously considering over returning the earphones because this is a major issue.

Thanks

Hi malhar,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that the Soundsport Free has not lived up to your expectations. We have a post that discusses the audio/video lag and a possible solution.

Updated 12/7: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

It mentions making sure your software is updated using the Bose connect app or by going to btu.bose.com. 

Have a great day!

Tony - Community Support

remi444
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 1, 2018

I can assure you it wasn't fixed..