Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Soundsport free - Audio/Video Lag

Hi Baris,

Thanks for posting. I would recommend you check out the notice we posted earlier regarding the lag you mentioned.

Updated 12/7: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

Regards,

Tony G

Swindie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

You guys keep mentioning to update out headphone as if we haven’t and that it actually fixes the problem. Let us know when you actually fix it and let me know. Quit running us in circles
Chandradasa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Hi

I agree Bose  need to fix issue with audio lag with You Tube . My soundsports headphone works fine but the Free does not. Bose need to investigate why their other headphones work. It is not YouTube but Bose has changed spec on Free headphones. Please Bose advise what you have changed in spec from soundsports to the Free.

Highlighted
cappo732
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

It's with extreme sadness, that BOSE support continuously ignores this issue. After SIX months, of awareness they still ignore this. I have worked for a major cell phone manufacturer, where issues much smaller than this would have everyone up in arms, trying to fix this. How this got through QA ( or lack thereof) is beyond me! I literally have a $30 Chinese generic no name brand, Bluetooth headset that works flawlessly, yet a BOSE product fails to deliver even in the basic of functionality. The product has been out for months folks! It fails to properly sync with WINDOWS 0, and the lag issues are absurd! At this point the support will give you generic solutions that simply do not work! False promises of firmware updates that fail to deliver any viable solutions! This product should have never been released with a Chinese brand name let alone something with a BOSE nameplate, this is a shame! 

The support will simply lock all threads, knowing well enough that connectivity, and Sync issues have been reported more times than one can count over the last six months. This is simply unacceptable. FIX THIS NOW! I do not understand why BOSE QA and engineers aren't making this their top priority. This should escalated beyond anything else, as the CORE functionality of this product is BROKEN. 

I did not pay for this product, as I have received it as a gift. I feel sorry for those that shelled their hard-earned dollars to only be met with such issues. Even worse, the BOSE support team simply provides aimless "resolutions" without escalating it to proper channels. After that, they simply lock all threads to brush it under the rug, as if people are too stupid to sew multiple instances of such occurrences. This is a **bleep** shame, coming from BOSE. Fix this NOW!

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello Chandradasa,

Thanks for your post. I am sorry to hear about your experience, I understand your frustration. The SoundSport Free use the recently developed TWS (True Wireless Stereo) technology with features that allows L/R stereo separation in a wireless format. To accomplish this the right earbud is designated as the primary and transmits, via Bluetooth, to the left earbud. This method is not without it's tradeoffs, including those associated with radio interference. Bluetooth signals are, by design, encrypted for increased security and use compression algorithms to stream your content. Adding additional compression/decompression segments to the signal path has negative effects on the latency. This is why, for example, phone call audio is played through the right earbud. The latency inherent in the system would cause very distracting delays between the left and right earbuds. This is also why the audio synchronization for video is very dependent on the compression algorithms used. We have been able to mitigate some of the A/V delay with firmware adjustments, but as you have noted this is not a perfect solution. The industry is working to improve the technology as we speak and you should see improvements coming to the mobile world soon. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

BK.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2018

i must say

the problem is NOT what you mentioned 

i mean it has a very noticeable huge delay on windows pc 

but a acceptable latency on ios device

Mharl3721
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Hi BK - maybe you got lucky but the overwhelming feedback from anyone who owns the SoundSport Free product is a noticeable lag on ios for YouTube, Instagram, etc.  And what would be an acceptable latency?  For me, if I'm paying this much for an audio device, any noticeable delay is unacceptable. 

I don't notice a lag on my PC when watching videos but only the right earbud has sound.  Tried disconnecting, forgetting all bluetooth connections and reconnecting, etc. and nothing.  Both of them worked when I first connected to the comp a couple days ago.... Another issue. 

I'd also venture to guess that all audio is delayed but you don't notice because there's nothing to cross reference.  Maybe someone can test and confirm?  (i.e. if you play a Spotify song is it delayed and you just have no idea because it's all audio)

The audio quality is great though I'd say max volume could definitely be louder.  Idk if there's some kind of restriction on how loud they're able to go to avoid ear injuries?

Either way, there's clearly an underlying problem with the product

BK.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2018

hi Mharl3721

when you in hands free mode on pc   they wont have delay problem, its the same on other device 

it wont work smooth when you try to connect it on windows

they may not be correctly recognized , it should be “streeo” not “handsfree”

also has problems that you can not easily fix it to the right one

it has noticeble delay on PC that much worse than ios,

on my iphone , yes the delay is clearly worse than other bluetooth earphone, even the cheapest one, but better than itself on pc, watch a vid? maybe ok(compare to PC)

the problems is here for almost a full year

the excuses for them is what like:

1.your device are not advanced enough for our "premium" product, cause we have used the newer tech for better audio (the newest andoriod device wont have delay problem)

2.it made for fitness, gym use, for music, why you ask for video?

i hope it could get fix too, but hopeless 

bnolan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Cannot agree more!
In my XP the left ear drops out often,causing the entire connectivity to the source device to reconnect.
The Bluetooth technology found in this dates back to my BlueAnt I purchased in 2010 in terms of latency lag.
Whereas other products on the market based on consumer reviews indicate there are no latency issues or very slight as the two earbuds are parallel Bluetooth connectivity to the source device whereas Bose use left ear buds Bluetooth to right ear buds which is where latency increases as where left ear buds charging away in its box and right ear buds in use,the latency issue is reduced to bareable synchronisation between audio visual lip sync to audible reception.
Very disappointed insufficient RnD was put into this plan and I am a fan of Bose products and this was a let down.
anupchak
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 11, 2019

I just got my Bose soundsport free and I cannot be happier. I see that the audio latency issue has been fixed for everything except for youtube. Can you fix it for youtube, so that we can enjoy the headset to the fullest?