Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Re: Soundsport free Samsung tv

Hello Jsmit00vv...how did you solve the TV pairing issue? I have a similar issue to what you had with the samsung TV 7 series not pairing.
Thanks
Thanks
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

would you like to explain how ? I still get lag, especially with games - its liek 2 second delay...unplayable.

cant pair to TV

only 1 earbud plays sound when paired with my PC

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2018

Id like to say i have a reason. The lef tear fixed itself. Connecting to the tv, basically I have to turn off bluetooth for any other device that the earbuds are connected too when Im ready to use the TV, more of a workaround than a solution, but since I only connect the buds to the TV and my phone, Its really not an issue to turn off bluetooth on the phone when im ready to use the TV. The la, i cant answer that one either. I caught this one on accident. Was listending to music, happened to open a video and was like "**bleep**, wheres the lag". So i tested other apps, and other devices. No lag. (this is a recent development)

Wish I had answers. Seem to just have gotten lucky, maybe. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Unfortunately I am not that lucky. @bose....please give me/us a solution for this. I'm sure that your testing team could check if there are any compatibility issues with latest Samsung TVs and if yes, fix them with a firmware update. This thread has already been opened for at least a month and there seem to be no updates and good solutions yet! Awaiting for a decent solution. Thanks
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

@bose, apperently there are no solutions for my issue right? That is the way for 100% customer satisfaction...keep it up.Really disappointing!! Getting these new ear buds as a birthday present from my girlfriend and knowing how much she spent...and in the meantime she got to ask me if i'm happy with her present. Thanks for having me lie to her!!
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello Kenneth,

I am sorry to hear you are still having trouble connecting. The information below is from your TV's user manual on Pg. 70 and linked to Pg. 108. 

From the manual: 

This function is not available on certain models in specific geographical areas. 

1. If the TV fails to find a Bluetooth audio device, place the device closer to the TV, and then select Refresh.
  2. When you turn on a paired Bluetooth audio device, the TV detects it automatically, and then displays a pop-up window. Use this pop-up window to activate/deactivate the Bluetooth audio device.  
  3. The sound quality may be affected by the condition of the Bluetooth connection.
  4. Before using a Bluetooth audio device, refer to "Read Before Using Bluetooth Devices".

Read Before Using Bluetooth Devices

• You can't use Bluetooth devices and the Surround feature simultaneously.
  • Compatibility issues may occur, depending on the Bluetooth device. (A Mobile exclusive headphone may not be available, depending on the environment.)
  • Lip-sync errors may occur.
  • The TV and Bluetooth device may disconnect, depending on the distance between them.
  • A Bluetooth device may hum or malfunction:
  1. When a part of your body is in contact with the receiving/transmitting system of the Bluetooth device or the TV.
  2. When the device is subject to electrical variation from obstructions caused by a wall, corner, or office partitioning.
  3. When the device is exposed to electrical interference from same frequency-band devices including medical equipment, microwave ovens, and wireless LANs.
  • If the problem persists, try connecting the device using the digital optical port or the HDMI (ARC) port.

This would suggest a few things could be happening. You may need to toggle off Surround or other sound settings to enable Bluetooth to function correctly, there may be signal interference preventing connection, or there may be an inherent incompatibility present. 

You might also check with Samsung and see if they are able to provide any suggestions.

Best Regards,

Greg

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Hello Greg,

Yesterday i already read all of this as you suggested page 70, so please i would appreciate if you give me better feedback and solutions from your end. Also FYI, i connected with my samsung tv another cheap €25 euro bluetooth speakers and they connected immediately. Therefore interference and all these possible issues you are mentioning should not be the cause. The problem seems to be the bose ear buds which is plain annoying knowing the cost!! Therfore can you please let me know what is being done from your team's side regarding this issue as checking the obvious is annoying. I would appreciate if you understand what i mean.

Regards
Kenneth
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Kenneth,

I am certainly sorry to hear about your continued difficulty. My apologies if offense was given as I was unsure whether you had read the Samsung material regarding Bluetooth connections. At this point, if clearing the pairing list, firmware update, and multiple attempts at paring with the TV are unsuccessful it seems as if there may be an underlying incompatibility. This could be for a variety of reasons since there are a variety of factors involved. Samsung's own material states, "Compatibility issues may occur, depending on the Bluetooth device." 

As a last resort you might consider trying a Bluetooth adapter. Though I do not have a specific recommendation, they are widely available and may provide a better experience for you.

If you do use an adapter, please do return to the Community and let everyone know what works for you.

Best Regards,

Greg 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2018

Guys I had the same issues.
After the device list is cleared....just go about one foot of your TV click connect...the ear buds will connect immediately.
Enjoy
ear
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

I have the same issue. 

The SoundSport Free show up on the TV's bluetooth speaker list but then fail to connect.  I have tried everything that was listed in the previous posts and replies, in particular (i) update Samsung TV firmware; (ii) clear device list on SoundSport Free; (iii) move close to the TV; (iv) try at least 50 times; (v) try connecting the SoundSport Free to other devices (works fine); (vi) turn off other devices, etc.

Connecting my Quiet Control 30 to the Samsung TV works perfectly well.

Is there any update on this rather annoying issue?