Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

Re: Soundsport free Samsung tv

I just bought these headphones today and I have to say they will be returned tomorrow.

BOSE, you people are so thick headed and have not listened to the people on this feed.

I am a power user with vast computer experience.

Once the TV recognizes the headset, they should pair.  THEY DONT.  I have the same issue as all these people.

Brand new top of the line Samsung.  Same error message.  Same everything.

I troubleshot the connection in every way including standing next to the television.

Shut off all local bluetooth networks.  Cleared the device list and NOTHING.  DO YOU HEAR ME??  NOT ABLE TO CONNECT.

The device connects to my computer, a top of the line HP Spectre laptop, but only one ear puts out audio.

YOUR TEAM DID NOT VET THIS PRODUCT BEFORE RELEASE.  SHAME ON YOU.

Tomorrow I am going to give these back.  Too bad, used to be BOSE meant top quality.  I guess those days are over.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello Frustrated User,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear your frustration. It is upsetting when things don't work the way we would like. Compatibility with TVs is not something that can be guaranteed, which is why we do not recommend our headphones for use with your TV. Though it may be possible to pair your system with your TV for wireless audio streaming, the experience does not meet Bose expectations. If you can connect, it is highly likely that there will be a distracting delay that detracts from your experience. As TWS (True Wireless Stereo) technology evolves this may be something that we are able to resolve in the future. If new information becomes available we will share it here.

Thanks for participating in the Bose Community! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Success! Ok so I am now able to pair my Soundsport free to my 6 series Samsung tv! And as a bonus the lag is bearable. 

Unlike the last the last time when I was ony able to pair it ONCE, this time I am able to switch between my Galaxy S8+ and Macbook Pro. 

All I did was setup the tv from stratch: Settings>General>Start Setup. Went through the setup process. Once it was done, I was able to pair up the earbuds like it's supposed to. Instantly! 

I hope it works for you too!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi islandguy808,

Thanks for updating us. I am so glad to hear that it worked!

Regards,

Tony G

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Wow! It worked! I have a ton of delay, but at least I know it works. 🙂 Thanks for the tip.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Well, I got the same headphones and tried all the above but it still doesn't work !!
The TV is a Samsung UA55MU6100
Myself and my son are both very well versed with these kinds of settings but we both failed to get it going.
We tried my son's headphones and they worked straight away!!
It was a gift my son and he is going to return them 🤨
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello AbuAbdo! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that's happening, but am glad to help. It sounds like you got one pair connected. You might try clearing the device list y pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds or until you hear the voice prompt say "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then remove the headphones from your TV's device list. Pair and test for function.

Let us know if this helps!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Already tried this a few times with no luck...
Thing is, it should work without having to stand on one leg while holding you left ear with your right hand !! Other headphones work straight away.
Plus, even if it eventually works, I am not overly excited when I read what other people are talking about the lag in sound.
Sorry, it is going back to Bose 😏
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2019

I was having the same issues related above. I followed all steps proposed and none worked. Reading some comments about these earphones, i discovered that the bluetooth connection occurs with the right earbud and your device. So i kept the left earbud in the case and took the right one only, then i tried to connect again and at this time worked! After this i took the left one and both worked. I hope this helps others. Sorry about my english... PS: Click the volume button to turn on the search mode.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for posting such a great tip! I am sure it's going to help a lot of users.

Regards,

Tony G