Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Soundsport free Samsung tv

Hey ringmongmong,

Thanks for writing in, and sorry to hear you're running into some trouble.  Can you try clearing the Bluetooth devices from the TVs pairing list as well? 

Let us know when you get the chance. 

Thanks again,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

I was able to pair my 6 series Samsung tv with the Bose soundsport ear buds ONCE. I cleard the list, turned off bluetooth on my laptop and phone. It paired up fine, but there was a lag in the sound. After I disconnected from the tv and connected to my phone, then back to the tv, it was back to the same frustrating thing, pairing failed. 

I  have literally been fooling around with this for 3 days. There must be a solution for this either with Bose or Samsung! 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi islandguy808,

Thanks for posting. A lag in audio can happen when using a Bluetooth headset or speaker with a television. There is a way to tell where the fault may lie. 

• Can you pair your SoundSport Free to a mobile device without an issue?
  • Would it be possible to pair a different Bluetooth speaker or headset temporarily to your TV for troubleshooting purposes?

It's not a definitive answer, but it's a place to start troubleshooting.

Please come back and let us know when you can.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

@Tony_G wrote:

Hi islandguy808,

Thanks for posting. A lag in audio can happen when using a Bluetooth headset or speaker with a television. There is a way to tell where the fault may lie. 

• Can you pair your SoundSport Free to a mobile device without an issue?
  • Would it be possible to pair a different Bluetooth speaker or headset temporarily to your TV for troubleshooting purposes?

It's not a definitive answer, but it's a place to start troubleshooting.

Please come back and let us know when you can.

Regards,

Yes I am able to pair my soundsport fine with my samsung S8 and my Macbook Pro. I don't have another bluetooth speaker to try pairing with the tv though. Very strange that it paired only once with the soundsport. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

I did that. Still does not work.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

ofc it didnt work...these people have a script and they just read off of it...the product is faulty,

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi islandguy808,

Thanks for responding. Seeing that the headphones do work with your other devices, in my opinion, it does point to a setting or issue with the TV. I would recommend contacting Samsung support for assistance. Here is a link you can use.

Please come back and let us know how it works out for you.

Regards,

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Ok this is a workaround I found. search for an app to view tv on phone, I'm using a samsung s8+. Smartthings was already installed on my phone so I used that. Pair your soundsport to your phone, open the app and view tv on your phone, and lastly mute the tv.

I know its pretty lame that we need to jump through hoops to do this with $200 earbuds, but it is what it is. The lag is horrendeous too. I just don't look at the tv.

I hope someone finds a real fix. 

laters

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

I've been trying to connect to my Samsung TV as well and it finds and tries to connect, but it's unable to. I have three other devices that can connect to TV and they have no problem connecting on first try. Something with nose connection must not match up with Samsung tvs.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

When I scan the area near the tv, 3 other bluetooth devices show up which I don't know what they are. I'm wondering if these things are interfering with the tv pairing with the soundsport free? They might be the neighbor's stuff.