Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

Soundsport free charge case has two fast flashing lights

Sometimes (often) when I plug in my case to charge it...its starts charging as normal and you see the status lights blinking as it takes to charge, but then that stops and lights number 2 and 4 (from all 5) are flashing fast and simultaneously. As if there is a problem. 

I then unplug and replug the case back in and the case starts to charge again where it left off. Sometimes I have to do this two times before the case reaches a full charge. Usually, only once I have to do this and rarely do I get a full charge without this problem

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport free charge case has two fast flashing lights

Hello Pear, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues charging your headphones. 

You mentioned the lights are flashing. Can you please confirm the color(s) they are flashing? Have you checked the ports inside and on the headphones to ensure they are free of debris? 

Have you also tried updating the firmware of the headphones? You can do this by visiting this link on a computer.

Thanks. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

White lights

Highlighted

@Pear Thanks for confirming! Where you also able to check the ports and update the firmware as advised above?

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

When I updated it did the download things work, but I plug in device after with lid open and earbuds in as suggested....computer never recognizes it connected. So no nothing works

Highlighted

Hi Pear, 

Are you using the cable that came with the headphones? 

Not all Micro-USB cables carry data lines for info transfer, so if you're using another cable that could be why your computer may not be recognizing it. Please give another cable and USB port a try. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

Yes Bose cables that came with it

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming. Did you try another USB port or another computer? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

So at the present day, it is charging normally via my USB on the computer...likely change tomorrow now that I said that. My computer will still not recognize it via USB for connection/updates etc.

So no, I havent tried other charging ports as the device I always manage to charge...it just doesnt function right as I just described with my computer not recognizing it at all.

Highlighted

@Pear, thanks for confirming. The SoundSport Free needs a 5 VDC, 0.8 A charger. Anything less than this will not charge the headphones and anything more will damage them. 

If you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.