Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

Soundsport free left earbud cut outs

I had previously written about my Soundsport Free wireless earbuds left bud cutting out.The situation has worsened,to the point where any head movement now causes both left and right to cut out.There is also intermittent static,which is new and inexplicable.At this point,they are basically useless to me,and I’d like to return them for a newer model.Can you tell me either where the nearest Bose outlet is,or how I can go about returning/exchanging these.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport free left earbud cut outs

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi FrankB, 

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing such issues with your SoundSport free. I'll be happy to assist where I can. 

We are unable to facilitate your request through this platform but will be happy to provide you with troubleshooting to try and get this working for you. Alternatively, I have included the LINK HERE to get in contact with us. Simply click the link, select your country of residence and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. 

If you wish for some troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with the steps you have tried already and we will go from there. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi FrankB, 

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing such issues with your SoundSport free. I'll be happy to assist where I can. 

We are unable to facilitate your request through this platform but will be happy to provide you with troubleshooting to try and get this working for you. Alternatively, I have included the LINK HERE to get in contact with us. Simply click the link, select your country of residence and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. 

If you wish for some troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with the steps you have tried already and we will go from there. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

I am also experiencing this problem.  It occurs with multiple devices, iPhone 7, iPad Pro and Macbook and on multiple applications.  The left earbud will cutout for a second, then come back on.  This occurs numerous times while using the earbuds.  Earbuds are only 2 weeks old.

Mike

Highlighted

Hi mlroarty58, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having connection issues with your headphones and would love to assist you further. 

I would highly recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this link here intermittent Bluetooth issues

Please update us on the result of this and if anyone else in the community is also experiencing an issue like this I would highly recommend that you try the steps in the link above. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Thanks for the tip, however the issue only got worse after the fix.  Earbuds will be returned.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Update - I exchanged the first pair of ear buds for a second.  Exact same issue occurred.  Returned those and will look at something else.  The SoundSport Free are an extreme disappointment and don't seem ready for prime time.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Hi everyone,

Mine are only 3 days old (unboxed on Monday7 Oct) and this morning the left one seems to be cutting out, with beeps, then back on; and then cutting out from left to right, beeps, and back on.

Is this what everyone here is experiencing?

I am using it on iPhone 8. 

Firmware is 2.6.0

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

zolo,

That is basically what I was experiencing.  At times the left ear bud was cutting out in a sort of rhythm that made it seem like the sound was bouncing back and forth between the left and right ears. Up until the issue with these ear buds I was always a big fan of Bose.  This is definitely a negative to their reputation.