Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Soundsport free left earbud not responding

I’ve had my pair of soundsport frees for about 2 years. I’ve dropped both the case and individual earbuds in the past with no negative effects. Now however, after dropping my left earbud from about 6 feet  to cement, since I picked it up from the ground, it has not responded in any way. Placing it in the charging case will turn on its corresponding charge light and it will stay solid when the bud is charged. However, taking it out of the case doesn’t turn it on, and pushing the Bluetooth button doesn’t do anything. The earbud does not make any of the usual beeps and it does not play music. The boss connect app now does not recognize that the bud is connected even if it’s out of the case. What has happened? And how can I fix this? Thanks in advance!!

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport free left earbud not responding

Hi LeotheLION2003, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear what has happened to your SoundSport Free earphones. I'll do all I can to assist you! 

I would recommend plugging them into a computer or laptop and visiting the CLICK HERE and updating them. Hopefully, this should get them working again!

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Hello all,

Even I had same problem,my left earbud is not connect to bluetooth and I tried every like updating software,talk to customer care but no use.

Finally customer care agent told that my warranty for the product is expried and Bose dnt serviced this product and suggested to buy a new one.

I dnt understand,I barely use them 12-15times in total and its stop working,Why I buy again which failed in first place and after research on internet there is 32page community on this.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Bose-Soundsport-Free-Left-Headphone-Drops/td-p/8148...

Please friends think before you buy next time,this productsare not cheap to buy everyear and Highly disappointed with Bose

Please dnt waste money here

Highlighted

Hi Konatham5, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am sorry to hear that you have also had this experience and appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have attempted so far! 

Can you please make me aware of which steps you have attempted so far? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Hello Hector,
Thank you for your reply,I followed all steps by virtual assistant guided me to do during the chat like charging the case ,connecting the computer and other.

Even I Updated the software version by following  

1. Open a web browser and navigate to bose website
2. Click "Download" to install the Bose Updater.
3. Click "I Agree" to accept the End-User license agreement and a download box should open. Save the file to your computer.
4. Once downloaded, open the file (BoseUpdaterInstaller_xxxxxx) to install the updater.
5. Once installed, the page should refresh.  If it doesn't refresh on its own, click the "Click here" link at the bottom of the page.
6. The Bose Updater should now be ready to connect your product and make sure that the case is open and the ear-buds are in there.
7. If an update is available, click "Update Now" to download the latest software. The current version and the changes in that version are listed. Your current version is at the bottom of the page.
8. The update will show a progress tracker while your product is being updated. Do not disconnect or power off during update.
9. Once your product has been successfully updated, disconnect your product from the computer.

Thank you,
sreeram
Highlighted

Hi Konatham5, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

What steps were provided to you via the chat? I don't want to make you repeat any steps that you have already attempted. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Hello Hector,

Few trouble shooting steps are suggested in chat and updating the software by customer care agent.

Thank you,

Sreeram

@Hector_B wrote:

Hi Konatham5, 

What steps were provided to you via the chat? I don't want to make you repeat any steps that you have already attempted. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted

Hi Konatham5, 

Have you attempted to connect the headphones to another device to see if this issue persists? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Yes I tried other phone and laptop.

Thank you,

Sreeram

Highlighted

Hi Konatham5, 

As this issue still persists, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that the steps that have been provided to you so far have not been able to resolve this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B