Alex Voicu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Re: Soundsport free wireless not working for phone calls

Hi Tony, 

I've configured those settings and also updated the latest firmware via the mac installer and still not hearing anything on calls, but music playback is fine. 

Do you know what could it be? 

Thanks

Alex 

Hi Alex,

Thanks for chiming in. I was wondering are you having this issue on a mobile device? If so have you tried clearing and re-pairing the headphones?

To clear the pairing list:

• Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  • Delete your headphones from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device. All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect.

I would recommend trying that and seeing if it works.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Jonh99
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

Hi, I have tried all the suggestion by way of upgrading iPhone iOS, deleting and reconnecting to Bluetooth. Now it just won't connect to phone Bluetooth, just keeps saying "ready to connect" while Bose connect sees the buds but cannot connect to them. 

Was this functionality actually tested, seems very basic and looks like it doesn't work for many people?

thanks

Hi Jonh99, 

Thank you for writing into the community. We're sorry you having issues connecting your headphones with your phone. We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done. Can you please try the headphones with another mobile device to see if the issue is persistent? 

Let us know when you get a chance. 

Thanks again,

Mohsin 

Jimbobjoe
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 8, 2019

Hello Tony G,

I am having the same issue on an Android MotoG3. Call functionality worked perfectly until it stopped doing so out of the blue. Music plays fine over the soundsport. I tried:

• clearing bluetooth lists (phone+headset)
  • updated firmware using Bose Connect
  • adjusted volume settings

Weird thing is I get the beep over the headphones that the call has been iniated, but then it is just muted..

this is highly unsatisfactory for a premium device I payed a lot of money for. Please try harder fixing this

Hello Jimbobjoe,

Thank you for your message, I am very sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. 

I would firstly suggest that you perform a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Secondly I would suggest just double checking that your microphone has not accidentally been muted.  Press the Volume + and Volume - buttons simultaneously. A short double beep, descending in tone, will be heard when the headset is muted and will repeat every 30 seconds as a reminder that the headset is muted. A short double beep, ascending in tone, will be heard when the headset is unmuted.

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Tejas Barot
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

This problem seems to be with iOS be it iPhone 7 or any other model. One trick I have learnt is you simply have to restart your phone and it just works. Nothing else has worked for me. 

Jimbobjoe
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 8, 2019

Hi Tegan, Tony, Moshin,

its been a while, but the problem remains and with a brand new pair of Soundsport Frees that is 😞
I thought maybe I just got a lemon, but nope, after 2 calls the new device (with the August firmware update) suddenly stopped working as well. It is definitely not muted, but I tried the suggested reset of the headphones (turn off, plug it in, unplug, wait before turn on) and also restarted my phone and, voila, it started working again. I will report back once it stops. In the meantime I would be happy to hear about a possible software fix 🙂