Pam Dempsey
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Soundsport headphones not turning on

Hi,  I purchased the soundsport in ear headphones in Aug / Sept 2019.   I absolutely LOVE this product.  I have had intermittent trouble with them however powering on.  But it seemed to subside if I let the battery run down and then charge fully once again.  However now they are charging fully but unfortunately are not turning on at all. 

I had brought them to a local stockist before our covid 19 closures however they didn't have any in stock to replace.  

They are still under warranty.  Can you please advise what you need to return / where to send them for investigation / replacement? 

Kind Regards,

Pam 

5 REPLIES 5
Jeff_G

Re: Soundsport headphones not turning on

Hi Pam, 

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your headphones, but I'd be happy to help. Can you please confirm which model of SoundSport earphones is being referred to in your post? If you're unsure, please visit this page.

I'll look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Pam Dempsey
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Hi , thank you for your prompt reply.  They are the soundsport wireless headphones (citron) 

I do not have them with me currently however I can forward serial number once to hand 

Jeff_G

Thanks Pam.

(Please do not post the serial number of the headphones on a public forum as per our Community Guidelines.)

I would recommend trying to reset the headphones by following these instructions: 

• Turn the headphones off and wait for 30 seconds
  • Plug the headphones into a USB power supply via a USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into a working outlet)
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headphones and wait 1 minute
  • Turn the headphones on and test if they work properly

If the issue persists, please try to update the firmware by visiting this link on a computer.

If you still have problems with the headphones, please visit this link to seek service.

Thanks!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Pam Dempsey
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Good morning, further to my previous message. I updated the firmware and it worked for a while. However they are now showing fully charged light but not powering on. Can you please advise

Community_Admin

Hi Pam,

Sorry to hear this!

At this point, I would suggest after exhausting all available troubleshooting is to reach out to your local product support team. 

You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country.

Do note, if you are going through Facebook or Twitter, our agents cannot process any payment transactions for out of warranty service.

Thank you.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.