Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Soundsport headphones won’t turn off

My headphones keep restarting and connecting to Bluetooth. The do not stay off long enough to do a restart. I have the latest firmware.
Please help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Soundsport headphones won’t turn off

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello again!

Thank you for checking the above for me, and i'm saddened to hear that this did not resolve your issue.

At this point, based on the LED's you have been experiencing, I would recommend getting in touch with support in your local region.

You can do this by clicking HERE , selecting your country/region, then navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Alternatively, if you're based in the EU, UK, US or CA then you can reach out to us through PM on Facebook or Twitter, where the team can assist you further.

If you have any further questions/updates, please do get back in touch with me, and I hope you have a great day!

Liam W

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi @Jlg811 , and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the connection issues you've had with your headphones and would love to help!

To establish what I can do to assist you, can I ask that you tell me what sort of SoundSport headphones you have, such as the SoundSport Wireless, SoundSport Free, or SoundSport in-ears?

If you're not sure which model you have, please post a picture of this so I can confirm what this is for you!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Hi Liam!
Soundsport wireless.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Thanks for getting back to me!

I understand that this is not restarting correctly, so in this instance, can I ask that you try the following for me to resolve this?

1) Please check that none of the buttons are locked in place or being wedged down by accident, such as being depressed by the rubber on the button controls.

2) Please leave the headphones powered on and attempting to connect overnight/when not in use, and let the battery run completely flat. Once drained, please charge this to full from empty. The full charge time is around 2 hours, so please let this charge for 3 hours to be sure, then attempt to connect to the product once more!

If you have tried both of the above, I would love to gather more information to find out what is happening here, so please can you provide me with an answer to the following:

1) When this issue occurs, what is happening with the Battery LED status, and the Bluetooth LED status? For example, what colour/state are these in, and do these turn off as the headset restarts?

2) When the headset is connected to power when turned on, does this have the same issue or does this then allow you to restart and connect these as normal?

I look forward to hearing from you to see how this goes!

Liam W

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

I’ve tried the above with no luck.

After headphones are charged and turned off the green light comes on (solid) the white light comes on and blinks for 8 times then goes solid white. The green light will then turn off and the solid white light turns off 2-3 seconds later.
It repeats this cycle every 15 sec until the battery is drained
While charging the light is Amber. Unable to connect.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

I’ve tried the above with no luck.

After headphones are charged and turned off the green light comes on (solid) the white light comes on and blinks for 8 times then goes solid white. The green light will then turn off and the solid white light turns off 2-3 seconds later.
It repeats this cycle every 15 sec until the battery is drained
No, it does not do this while charging. While charging the light is Amber. Unable to connect.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello again!

Thank you for checking the above for me, and i'm saddened to hear that this did not resolve your issue.

At this point, based on the LED's you have been experiencing, I would recommend getting in touch with support in your local region.

You can do this by clicking HERE , selecting your country/region, then navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Alternatively, if you're based in the EU, UK, US or CA then you can reach out to us through PM on Facebook or Twitter, where the team can assist you further.

If you have any further questions/updates, please do get back in touch with me, and I hope you have a great day!

Liam W

View solution in original post