Soundsport: lag and codec query

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Soundsport: lag and codec query

I am curious about buying either the Soundsport Free or Soundsport wireless and was curious to know:

1. I know there is lag with bluetooth but is it noticable on iOS? (youtube app for example)

2. What codecs do they suppport? Apt-X? AAC?

Thanks for your replies

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundsport: lag and codec query

Hey honglong1976,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. We encourage you to try one to see how it will work for you. There is generally a slight delay with Bluetooth audio which can be noticeable with video sources. This can differ between apps/sources, though the delay may be more apparent with the SoundSport Free due to the true wireless technology.

The codecs supported are AAC, and SBC. 

Hope this helps. Thanks again,

Mohsin - Community Support

4 REPLIES

Hey honglong1976,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. We encourage you to try one to see how it will work for you. There is generally a slight delay with Bluetooth audio which can be noticeable with video sources. This can differ between apps/sources, though the delay may be more apparent with the SoundSport Free due to the true wireless technology.

The codecs supported are AAC, and SBC. 

Hope this helps. Thanks again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Audible Advocate

I purchased a pair of Bose Soundsport Wireless and tested them with an iMac, Macbook Pro, iPad 4th Gen and iPhone SE.

No lag with either of those using YouTube! Smiley Happy Also, on the Mac AAC is used (hold alt and click the bluetooth icon, move to Bose Soundsport and it shows the codec used).

Very impressed, the sound quality is excellent, bass is superb, not bloaty but weighty and punchy, these seem quite neutral from a sound perspective.

Just wish they would isolate better (like the Ultra earphones)

Hello honglong1976,

Thanks for the additional information! We're happy that you are impressed with the sound quality. Correctly fitting the StayHear+ eartips may improve the sound isolation. Here is a video that helps demonstrate proper fitting. Though the video is for the QC20 Noise Canceling Headphones, they use the same type of eartip so the instructions are identical.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Thanks for your reply.

They are great, isolation is my only issue. They don't isolate well. I think that's by design rather than the fitting. The Soundtrue Ultra isolated really well. Again, must be a design thing.

This review confirms the isolation is by design

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/bose/soundsport-wireless