Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Soundsport power button will turn on, but won't turn off

I can turn the headphones on, but cannot turn them off. They will charge and can only be turned off by leaving them on and eventually they will turn off by not being connected.  Please help. If I hold the button down, the light turns green.  Thank you for any help.  [removed by moderator]

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport power button will turn on, but won't turn off

Hello, 

I am sorry that you're experiencing some power issues with your SoundSport Wireless headphones. 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Following this, check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

Do let us know if you see any improvements. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Okay... I guess I need to be more specific... I can't turn them off... Your first instruction was to.. Turn them off....I can't turn them off..... I hold the button down to turn them off and it doesn't work!!! I updated them to the latest software update. The only way to turn them off is to have them disconnect on their own because they aren't being used.

Highlighted

I do apologize, it is always worth giving the reboot a go even if you cannot turn these off. 

In this case, I would suggest you reach out to your local support. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

The health of our customers, employees, suppliers and partners is a top priority for Bose. As we work through the impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) you may experience longer waiting times than expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check the Bose Support website, where you will find a number of options that may help address your need. Thank you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

I have the same problem. The advice that was given to you did not make any sense because the essence of the problem is that... the headset CANNOT BE TURNED OFF...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

Sound sport power button will turn on, but won't turn off

I found the following solution: press IN THE MIDDLE (center) of the power ON/OFF button with your fingernail edge. You will fee that there is a switch right there. The rest of the button does not react well when you press it down just with your thumb. It appears that this button is not manufactured correctly. But the fingernail solution works very well. I can hear and feel the actual "click" when the button reacts to my commands now.... 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

I found the following solution: press IN THE MIDDLE (center) of the power ON - OFF button with your fingernail edge. You will fee that there is a switch right there. The rest of the button does not react well when you press it down just with your thumb. It appears that this button is not manufactured correctly. But the fingernail solution works very well. I can hear and feel the actual "click" when the button reacts to my commands now....