Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Titantrigger
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

Soundsport pulse dying after 1 hrs

I purchased a sound sport Pulse a couple of years ago - 1st set lasted about 10 months - the battery couldn't be recharged - after contacting customer service a new one was send - perfect service.

This pair lasted 2 hrs - no problem send it back and a new one was send - now thinking I am doing something wrong I made sure that it was fully charged and had all the updates applied.

Guess what - after 55minutes on the bicycle I hear in my ear phone disconnected - I looked at the headset and can't power it on again - tried to recharge but the set looks dead again.

Before requesting another set is this a known issue and what is the solution

5 REPLIES 5
Jeff_G

Re: Soundsport pulse dying after 1 hrs

Hello Titantrigger, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your SoundSport Pulse headphones. 

I've personally got these headphones, and not experienced the same problems you're exhibiting. 

Have you tried using a different USB charger? Smartphone chargers tend to be the best method for charging. Have you also tried pairing the headphones with another device to see if the same problem is occurring? Further to this, if you haven't already, please try visiting this page via a computer to ensure the headphone's firmware is up to date. 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Titantrigger
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

I have tried different USB charger and cables - after the headset dies it doesn't recognise any connection (either to a USB charger or Computer)

I have also tried to use the website suggested but headset is not recognising laptop and have tried several USB leads.

What is the cause of this and are there any other suggestions?

Is it possible that sweat enters the unit and causes a short?

BTW - Before my last outing I made sure that all the firmware was up to date.

It looks that the battery drains and drains to far and the unit isn't accepting any charge after this.

Tegan_M

Thanks for giving these steps a go, I am sorry that this persists. 

Sweat should not be providing an issue for the headset unless moisture is actually entering the system which could cause damage. 

What I would suggest at this point is to reach out to your local product support team. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. I apologise we could not resolve this for you via this platform but an agent will happily assist you here.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Drejkemp@gmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Hi I’m hoping for some help. My original pulse hr headphones stopped working during a run. I got an unexpected low power message and headphones died and wouldn’t recharge. Bose sent replacement which was great but today the exact thing has happened to the replacement and they are saying it’s not in warranty! It’s a year ago and I thought the warranty was 2years? I would expect headphones to last more than a year given the cost. I’m not sure the £50 discount is worth it for the soundbud sport as how do I know this isn’t a Bose fault? Please advise WhatsApp not replying 

Laetitia_L

Hello Drejkemp,

I am sorry to hear that you are having the same issue with your replacement SoundSport Pulse.

Regarding your warranty, for the UK and EU, if the remainder of warranty of your original pair was more than 1 year (the original warranty is 2 years from date of purchase), it would not be affected. However, if you had less than a year left, the warranty would have been voided and then we are applying a brand new 1-year warranty to your new product from the day you receive it. Then, if the issue is happening over a year after you received the replacement headphones, they are unfortunately out of warranty.

Hope this is clear.

Ressentez et agissez plus intensément
Vous êtes nouveau sur la communauté Bose ? Jetez un œil à notre Code de Conduite afin de trouver des conseils utiles pour vous aider à démarrer ! Et n'oubliez pas de consulter les améliorations que nous avons apportés aux nouveaux classements et récompenses communautaires!