Highlighted
khanne
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Soundsport right ear is quieter than the left

Hello,

I bought my Bose Free Soundport In-Ear Headphones approximately 4 months ago and absolutely love them.  Last night during a workout however, the sound quality changed in the middle of a song and I can't figure out what happened.  The left side sounds full and heavy on bass as I am used to.  The right side now sounds light and "tinny" with no bass and is slightly quieter.  I've connected to two different devices.  I've also used different apps for music and podcasts, but the sound quality is still sub-par on the right side.  Has anyone else experienced this?  What are some possible solutions?  Any help would be grealty appreciated!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundsport right ear is quieter than the left

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello khanne, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

It's great to hear how much you were enjoying using your SoundSport Free wireless headphones. I'm truly sorry that you have run in to this issue and I will do all I can to help with this. 

My first recommendation would be to perform reset on the headphones. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Place the earbuds into the charging case
  2. Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  4. Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

Should this not show any improvement to the sound quality, I would also suggest to check for and install any available updates by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer and following the on-screen instructions. 

Once you have executed the above steps, please let me know if the issue is resolved. Of course, If the problem persists, I will be happy to advise further. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Soundsport right ear is quieter than the left

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello khanne, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

It's great to hear how much you were enjoying using your SoundSport Free wireless headphones. I'm truly sorry that you have run in to this issue and I will do all I can to help with this. 

My first recommendation would be to perform reset on the headphones. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Place the earbuds into the charging case
  2. Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  4. Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

Should this not show any improvement to the sound quality, I would also suggest to check for and install any available updates by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer and following the on-screen instructions. 

Once you have executed the above steps, please let me know if the issue is resolved. Of course, If the problem persists, I will be happy to advise further. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

View solution in original post