Highlighted
ankurshanbhag
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Soundsport wireless headphones does not charge

My Headphones stopped charging and every time I attempt to charge the headphone indicator shows a steady green light, usually which is seen after the headphone is completely charged. I always charge them on my laptop but I have attempted in various wall outlets, computer and car chargers but nothing helped.

I faced same charging issue earlier, few months after I bought these headphones. I visited Bose Service Center in Pune, MH, India and they replaced it for me. 

It was working fine till recently when it stopped charging again. I spoke to Bose customer care and they recommended me to visit the service center once again.

When I visited the same service center in Pune to have them diagnose the issue and get it repaired, they refused to even look at it since my headphones were not in warranty and instead they offered me a new pair of headphone at 20% discounted price. I did not expect such a poor customer service from company like Bose.

I am not interested in buying a new pair and want to understand the issue with my headphones and get it fixed. Since the same issue has popped up even after replacement, I don't want to buy a new pair and encounter the same problem for the third time.

Appreciate any guidance.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Soundsport wireless headphones does not charge

Hello ankurshanbhag,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some charging issues with your SoundSport wireless headphones. I'd love to see if there is anything I can do to help.

Are you using any kind of fast chargers? If so, this is not recommended and can cause damage to the headphones. Please ensure you only use 1a chargers. 

I would recommend the following steps to see if the issue can be resolved. First, please reset the headphones by following these steps:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds

2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds

3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute

4. Turn on the headset

Then, please go to btu.bose.com on your computer and attempt to manually install a firmware update, if available.

Once you have done this, please let me know if the issue persists.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

ankurshanbhag
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Thank you for the response. I tried out the steps you specified but it does not help.

To answer your questions, I am always using the USB cable that came with the headphones to charge it. I have already installed firmware update from btu.bose.com but it did not help either.

Hello ankurshanbhag, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this. Sorry to hear that the steps listed above did not resolve your issue. 

These are all of the steps that we would recommend to resolve an issue like this, including the ones you listed in your first post. As you are still having this issue,  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us.

As you have experienced this issue with multiple headsets, I would suggest asking the team if you are able to exchange the headset for a different model. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

ankurshanbhag
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

As specified earlier, I already contacted the customer service in Pune, India and they refused to offer any help with replacement or exchange with a different model. They just asked me to purchase a new one with 20% discounted price. 

If you can provide an official recommendation that can be used to get a replacement or exchange for a different model that would help.