Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Re: Soundsport wireless mic is not working

To: BOSE

This is such a waste!

Bought this last january. 

Had this issue on microphone on may.

The unit was replaced by july.

And in less than a month! The replacement unit is now not working.

Highlighted

Hello Cig, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am truly sorry to hear that you have had repeated issues with the SoundSport wireless headphones. 

Are you experiencing an issue with the microphone again?

I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

I have just bought a pair of Soundlink II over ear headphones so i can use them with my two iphones, one for work and one for personal, that s thw whole attraction, 2 phones paired at once.

My iPhone XS works perfectly, speakers and microphone.

My iPhone 6 works as speakers, but not with the microphone.

I have tried just the iPhone 6 paired but still the same issues

Voice memo works on the iPhone 6 so it is a compatibility between Bose and apple iPhone hone functionality, ironically the main purpose for iPhone !

Has anyone had similar experience and found a solution ? I am on latest 3.03 firmware and iOS 12.4 on both phones.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Hi ma’am, 

Good day! Got my 3rd replacement (4th item) yesterday from the accredited supplier/service provider.  

Kudos to your accredited supplier/service provider for honoring the replacement warranty and for being accomodating and friendly.

back to the topic (sound sports), the service provider wasnt really sure on whats happening or why the soundsports keeps on having this problem.

they tried to give me another color of the soundsport (initially black, now blue), hoping that it’ll solve the problem.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

How to update the software

Highlighted

Hello Feroz, 

Thanks for joining the discussion. Welcome to the Bose Community. 

The SoundSport wireless can be updated by either using the Bose Connect app on your smartphone/tablet or by visiting this link on a computer.

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards.

Jeff G

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Hi

I am also having the same problem. I have followed all of the recommended steps:

• reset headphones
  • update software
  • tried on other phones

Still no luck. I think the microphone is dead. Unfortunately this has happened to me after my year warranty has expired, however this seems to be a common issue. Is there anything you can do to help me?

Highlighted

Hello NXR, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

Hi,

Got the same microphone problem with Soundsport headphones that i bought 3 months ago. Suddenly no microphone sound if calling somebody or receiving calls. However, when checked microphone in Samsung voice recorder program, it worked fine, so this is not a hardware issue in my case, does not work only for calls. I have read the thread and followed the recommendation to upgrade firmware through the Bose connect app. It did not resolve the main issue, but added another one: after the upgrade all control buttons stopped working! What a shame... Is there any way to rollback the firmware/reset the device?

Btw, I have been in the retailer shop where I have bought headphones (Mediamarkt), and they told me 3-5 weeks for problem investigation, and if this is not a warranty case they will charge me 50 EUR, obviously did not go for this.

FYI, connected with Samsung S10e, new phone, got the same time as headphones. Have not checked with other devices. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

This is the second pair (replacement) that I have and in what I consider a short period of time again the mic and the controls are not functioning. These have to be the poorest quality wireless headphones in the market and it’s ironic that Bose commands a premium. Also ironic is that they encourage a login to this blog via Facebook, because I would like all my social media community to know how terrible this product is. By the way, I tried all the published remedies. Waste of time.