Highlighted

Re: Soundsport wireless mic is not working

Hi Kushal80, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the community! 

At this point, I would suggest contacting your local technical support for assistance.

You can find the details by clicking HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2019

Bose refuses to acknowledge this is a real problem. Or, maybe they don’t know because there is no way I can actually talk to anyone other than a call center tech, and they refuse to do nothing other than replace them, which I’ve done four times.

I never used to have these problems. I think it started with iPhone XS Max or maybe when I added an Apple Watch which was around the same time. Would be curious to know what devices people have, and if they have noticed any pattern as far as what causes it. Is there a buggy setting in iOS or Watch OS that is causing this? Are android people dealing with this?

Like I said no problem with iPhone 7 or 8. Device worked fine for almost a year and a half, now every pair I get from Bose has this issue.

It’s frustrating because I have to do multi-hour conf calls a lot and these were like my go to. I switched to the supposedly superior Sony XM3 but their call sound quality sucked on the other end. People would say I sounded like I was in a wind tunnel. And if I was on a commuter train- forget about it. They let in way more ambient sound when you are on a call for some reason and it’s terrible.

Please Bose - acknowledge this is a problem and ask one of your scientists to fix it. If one more person from Bose tells me to call customer service I’m going to lose my mind.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2018

This the forth time it happens to me too. I get my replacement worked for a few time and then is happening again in a new device!!

Bose, what should I do!? I don't think having a new replacement is an option now!!

Get a new model of headphones? Credit on the store? My money back?

It is too annoying.

Highlighted

Hi Cristina26, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Has this issue occurred on the same devices each time? Have you attempted to use another device with the headphones? As this is a very strange issue to happen four times. 

If so I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team to see what they can do for you.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

I bought at a retail store in Chile my headphone (SoundSport wireless aqua, 7GBL series) in January 2018. 5 months later the microphone failed. I went to the store and they received my headphone and after 1 month they gave me a new one. 11 months later, the headphone microphone failed again. I updated your firmware as in this post it is suggested. With this, the microphone was not repaired. I took it to the store and they sent me to the company that represents Bose in Chile called GASEI S.A. Today I took it to that company and they told me that the guarantee was valid for 1 year after the purchase. I told them that it was not reasonable because I received a new equipment in June 2018 and therefore they were in force for 12 months. They told me that 12 months had counted since January 2018. However, they told me that they would receive the equipment and consult me ​​if they could apply the change to a new one. They told me that they would give me an answer between 60 to 90 business days. I left with them.
My query is whether Bose can return the money or change it for another model, because the post is seen to be a recurring failure of this model. I´m lost lot of time with this.

Regards,

Juan

Highlighted

Hello @Cristina26

I can fully appreciate your concerns here.

For an issue like this, I would recommend getting in contact via this link. Once you are on the page, click your country, then when the page loads, go to the bottom and click Contact Us. From there, you can either call our support team or use online chat (providing the options is available in your country.)

Alternatively, you can contact us via our social media channels to enable us to assist further. We can be found on both facebook, and twitter.

Please ensure the agent you ultimately speak to is fully aware of your recent correspondence and provide the serial number for the faulty headphones. 

@juan.solis, please follow the same advice as the above.

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

I am having the same microphone issue.

Software has just been updated to latest.

I can hear people fine, they cannot hear me or I am very muffled.

I can hear music without issue.

This has been farily recent.

I have only had these since January 10th.

Highlighted

Hi Crazmo, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the Microphone on your earphones. I can understand how frustrating this can be. 

If you have carried out the troubleshooting outlined in this thread including the reset and the update of the Firmware. Then I will recommend contacting your local Technical Support for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select the country you live in and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you!

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

I have, from May 15 in technnic service, without my earphone.

I just called, and thes say me it took 45 working days.

It will taje mopre than 2 month.  That is disgusting.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

I had the same problem with my Soundsport - I tried both resetting the headphones and updating the software as suggested in previous posts, but neither worked.  I then went to my PC manufacturer's website and reinstalled the sound driver for my laptop and that worked. Mic is working fine now.