Lndobr
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2020

Soundsport wireless won’t charge using power bank

Hello!

I am facing a weird issue.

My Soundsport wireless is charging normally when plugged into an AC socket but when I plug it into a power ban, just by leaving it for a half a minute it stops charging for no reason. What could be the cause of this weird issue?

I have tested all cables that I have and all of them charged perfectly when plugged into the AC. This issue happens only when plugged into a power bank.

Also, other devices are charging normally when plugged into the power bank.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L

Re: Soundsport wireless won’t charge using power bank

Author Accepted Answer selected by Lndobr

Hi Lndobr,

It sounds like your power bank is not providing the correct amount of power to charge your headphones. The SoundSport Wireless need a charger that is rated for 5 V, 1 A, if your power bank is not rated for this then it won't charge the headphones correctly.

I'd recommend having a look at the power rating for your power bank to check whether it is rated for 5 V, 1 A.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L

Author Accepted Answer selected by Lndobr

Hi Lndobr,

It sounds like your power bank is not providing the correct amount of power to charge your headphones. The SoundSport Wireless need a charger that is rated for 5 V, 1 A, if your power bank is not rated for this then it won't charge the headphones correctly.

I'd recommend having a look at the power rating for your power bank to check whether it is rated for 5 V, 1 A.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Lndobr
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2020

Thank you for the reply!

That’s a surprise. The usual micro USB usually works with 5V 2A, but a current as low as 1A is something I wouldn’t expect...