Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

Soundsport wireless won't turn off/zolume goes silent and starts beeping

I have a pair of the soundsport wireless headphones.  Recently the volume has been dropping to silent without me pressing anything and then it starts beeping.  None of the controls on the headphones work but when I press a button the light comes on like it's receiving the signal. I am not able to turn them off to do a reset, which is what I see every post recommend to do.  Even on posts where it says you can't turn off your headphones it says to turn off your headphones for 30 seconds, plug in for 5 seconds and then wait a minute before you turn it on.  This will not work for me.  I bought them in Austin, TX but am currently stuck in Nepal for the last 5 months because the airport is closed due to corona.  There isn't even an option to contact Bose for the country I am in. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport wireless won't turn off/zolume goes silent and starts beeping

Hi LLAHunter217,

Thanks for reaching out, I am very sorry to hear that your headphones are not functioning correctly. 

Let's see if you can perform a software update. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions. Do let us know if you get a response from this.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

I did the firmware update and same issue happened.  I reset it again and still same problem.  It will work occasionally just fine, most the time the controls on the headphones don't work at all, and sometimes the sound still drops and the headphones begin to beep.  I can't ever shut them off so when there is an issue I have to wait until the battery completely dies on it's own before I can try it again.  

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this LLAHunter217, 

Sorry to hear that the issue still persists. As we have attempted all of the troubleshooting steps that we can recommend for an issue like this I would recommend that we explore service options for your headset. 

Due to your current situation, it may be difficult to get service for your headset due to the region you are located in. I would suggest reaching out to Bose India via this link here, to see if their team is able to offer you any support. If they aren't able to you will need to wait until you return from Nepal.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

I finally got out of nepal and made it to dubai. I went into the bose store inside the dubai mall and tried to get them repaired or swapped out.  They said because I didn't have my physical receipt with me that they couldn't do anything.  I definitely don't travel the world with a physical receipt of my headphones. They said I should contact Bose and see if you could contact their store and then I would have to go back to get them swapped out. That was their only option.  My headphones still do not work.  Can you help me?  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

I will only be in Dubai another day or two and then I am leaving for Turkey where I won't be able to get to a Bose store.  Please let me know as soon as possible if you can help me get these headphones replaced while I still have the opportunity to take it into a bose store.  They said if I was in the US it would be as easy as walking in and they would swap them out but they have different rules here in Dubai.  If you could contact the store in the dubai mall and let them know they will allow me to swap them out. Thank you in advance.