Sport Buds disconnecting when I go from house to outside during call

Quiet Contributor

Sport Buds disconnecting when I go from house to outside during call

I'm new to the forum, so, thanks for allowing me to the group.

I have the Soundsport Earbuds, and connected to my Galaxy S10.

Whilst connected to the phone, during a phone call, if I leave the house, the earbuds voice says "call ended". I have to reconnect the buds to continue the call.

Any idea why this happens?

Thanks in advance.

J
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Sport Buds disconnecting when I go from house to outside during call

Hello PhuxAche,

Thank you for your first post and Welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem with your calls disconnecting. 

Do you use VoIP (Wi-Fi) Calls at all? If you are, I would imagine that your call is being disconnected because the signal has dropped as you moved outside from the Wi-Fi signal.

Have you been able to notice if this happens when you take a call on your phone and not through the headphones?

Please let me know if this is the case. If it is not, I will be happy to explore further options with you.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hi,

I kinda suspected this. The call is still ongoing, but the buds drop. I thought they'd be OK as they are on Bluetooth. I do use the VOIP ~ WhatsApp.

Hi PhuxAche, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this issue. 

Just to clarify are you taking the device outside with you or are you leaving the device in the house? 

Thanks, 

Hector B 

Hi Phux Ache, 

Have you also attempted to call using a different service to see if this issue persists? I believe that the connection may be dropping as you leave the house as Whatsapp needs an internet connection to function. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Quiet Contributor

Hi hector.

WhatsApp uses both wifi and mobile network. I'll try if I am using the mobile network for the calls. I'll keep you posted.

J