Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stan K
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2021

Sport Earbuds - Complicated / Hardly usable Device Switching

Dear Bose,

***Please don't merge with Multi-Device Support Tread as I'm not talking about an ability to connect to 2 devices at the same time, which is a lot more complex than this "easy fix"***

I have received my new Sport Earbuds today as an upgrade from SoundSport I had for a few years and I have to say I'm quite underwhelmed by the way connectivity switch is designed (or rather not designed at all)

Based on instructions on the BOSE support page:

Switching between Bluetooth devices:

1. On the currently connected device, turn off Bluetooth.
  2. On the new device:
    1. Turn on Bluetooth
    2. In the settings menu, go to the Bluetooth device list and select the earbuds to connect

I use my headphones with a TV... 

Connecting to TV: 

Before I would navigate to TV with earphones and TV would say - "Your earphones are trying to connect. Allow / Don't allow"... 2 clicks on earphones, 1 click on remote - Done 

Now I need to go into the TV settings to initiate connection from somewhere in the connectivity menu??

Disconnecting from TV:

Before I would switch to new device with 2 clicks on the earphone and I was done.. 

Now I need to go into TV Settings to deactivate Bluetooth... before going to another device to initiate connection from settings?

Is that really how Bose intended the device switching to work?

Is that really how Bose would like to use this product themselves if they used earphones to listen the TV?

Is there anything in the development backlog to address this issue? Can it be added to backlog?

For example it could be possible to:
Introduce Swipe down on the left earphone to scroll through devices (same feature as was added to the right headphone to change volume in the last update)
or 
Introduce touch and hold on the left earphone to switch to the next device in the list...

Anything?

Thanks for suggestions, support (incl Community) and feedback

Stan

6 REPLIES 6
Liam_G

Re: Sport Earbuds - Complicated / Hardly usable Device Switching

Hello Stan and welcome to the Community! I am sorry to hear you are having issues with Bluetooth connections. 
There was an update in February to the Bose Music app that allowed better management to single point devices via Bluetooth for Sport earbuds. This enables you to disconnect from your TV and connect to another device with ease. 

An announcement was made on the Community about the update, you can view this here
If you are not using the Bose Music app, you will need to download it on a phone or tablet in order to access this feature. 

I hope this helps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Stan K
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2021

Hi Liam and thanks for your welcome!

I do have the app installed and while it's only about 40% as convenient to switch devices through the app, compared to switching devices directly on the earphone... 

The app has a very strange way of connecting to my heaphones and quite a low success rate 😃

Screenshot_20210429-215931_Bose Music.jpg

I really hope you will consider adding device switching to one of the swipes or clicks on the earphone directly. It would be of great help and a huge improvement to quality of life (of the community) and to the pleasure of using the device.

Thanks!

Stan

Liam_G

Thank you for clarifying, I will happily note this feature request and forward it onward on your behalf. 

As you are having issues with the app detecting and/or connecting your earbuds, I would recommend that you check out our troubleshooting suggestions on our support page here.
This should help the earbuds to retain a better connection with the Bose Music app. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Stan K
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2021

Thanks for forwarding, Liam.

Just checked the troubleshooting guide...

I understand... yes... Reopen app, force stop app... reinstall app at some point maybe, but seriously - I just wanted to switch to another bluetooth device. It is a signifficant pain (even if app works first time)

I was reading another 14-page forum discussion "Bose QC Earbuds switching devices"...

Same pain and a lot of it, inluding dozens of "returning device" responses.

Try it yourself, get developers to use device in actual real life with multiple devices switched through all day every day. The pain is very real.

Please see how this can be addressed with some update... you did it with voice level. Switching is the next big thing

Thanks

Stan

aleross
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2021

The app offers a much easier way to do this, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

The app on my phone says to press the bluetooth button on the case to hear what I am connected to and press again to select which device to switch to.

however when I press the bluetooth button it doesn't do anything.

It's on the tips section.
Is this wrong? Or do I need an update on firmware or something?
Alex

Screenshot_20210621-135054_Bose Music.jpgScreenshot_20210621-135104_Bose Music.jpgScreenshot_20210621-135303_Bose Music.jpgScreenshot_20210621-135312_Bose Music.jpg

AJackson
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2021

I came here because of the same thing. I just got my Sport Earbuds yesterday and figured they must be broken because the button in the case does nothing when you just press it. You have to hold it which then allows you to pair something else but even that doesn't work half the time.

I've installed the firmware update the app offered.

Also you cannot switch devices with the app if you are not currently connected, I want to these with my PC and phone. When I use to app to switch from phone to PC, it works but the app crashes. I have to force stop it then try to connect again and sometimes then get a popup saying to disconnect from PC to connect to phone. Sometimes though that just fails.

I have been using a pair of Soundsport Free earbuds for the past few years and the button on the left one to switch devices was a perfect solution to this. Why can't the shortcut option of the left earbud do the same?

As it is I'm tempted to return these because they are such a pain to use with more than one device as it is