Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ritchr
Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Sport Open Earbuds Battery Drain While Turned Off

I have had my Sport Open Earbuds for a few Months now and the battery drains even while shut down! I can charge them fully and then the next time I turn them on they are at 70%. Thes only last me about 3 hours tops! Terrible! Also when a call comes in they won't answer the call when I press the button. These have really bad software issues! Anybody else experience these issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Sport Open Earbuds Battery Drain While Turned Off

Author Accepted Answer selected by ritchr

Hey Ritchr, 

Thank you for reaching back out to the Community today! I'd love to assist you with this. 

The battery will drain if the earbuds are not used or on the charging base, this is due to the lithium-ion battery draining over time as all lithium batteries do. This could happen upon first use or if the product has not been used or charged in a while. For best performance and longevity, charge your earbuds when not in use.

These steps here will resolve this touch control call issue you are having. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Hector_B

Author Accepted Answer selected by ritchr

Hey Ritchr, 

Thank you for reaching back out to the Community today! I'd love to assist you with this. 

The battery will drain if the earbuds are not used or on the charging base, this is due to the lithium-ion battery draining over time as all lithium batteries do. This could happen upon first use or if the product has not been used or charged in a while. For best performance and longevity, charge your earbuds when not in use.

These steps here will resolve this touch control call issue you are having. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

ritchr
Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2020

This response makes absolutely no sense! You say if they are in the case or on the charging base when not in use that the battery will drain? Then you say to put them on charger when not in use! They should be able to be shut off and left in the case and not have the battery drain. If they stay on the charger all the time the batteries will wear out in no time! This must be another software flaw by Bose ! Very disappointing! I can’t return these to the store now as it’s been over 30 days!