Sportsport Free - Cannot connect to Bose Apps or update via online
I'm trying to do any of the following and none seem to work:
- Connect headphones to the Bose Connect App (they don't seem to be found)
- Connect headphone to the Bose Hear App (they don't seem to be found)
- Update headphones firmware via online updater (it won't progress past the "this page redirects you to the update page" page)
Things I've tried already:
- Power headphones off, then back on. Exit Bose apps.
- "Reset" via turning headphones off, wait 1 minute, connecting to wall outlet via usb, wait 30 seconds, power back on
- Disconnecting, unpairing, and forgetting device on laptop and phone.
Things I've tried, but unable to execute:
- Hold power/bluetooth button for 10 seconds until “Bluetooth device list cleared.” is heard. I've tried this multiple times, but no matter the combination and length of time, I never hear this voice command. Instead, it cycles between "power on" and "pairing" voice commands.
I'm using a Macbook Pro and iPhone 6s. The headphones DO pair and play music just fine across both laptop and phone and the audio fidelity is great. I'm ecstatic about that - just want to be able to use the apps and update the firmware.