Steveoz
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

Stayhear Max

Bose product name

(Quiet Comfort Earbuds.)

Country UK

Well that was annoying, spent ages typing a post only to submit and it state I need to add a label and it wiped out my entire post contents! Well done Bose!

Anyway, in a nutshell I ‘upgraded’ to quietcomfort from soundsport.

Loss of functionality aside (losing multiple connection, easy switching, volume and track management buttons) the biggest issue is the new ‘max’ tips.

I bought bose over sennheiser, sony, B&O and upcoming devialet because I figured the fit was going to be 100% based on my previous soundsport. However I found the new max tips to be a different size, fit and they just don’t seem to fit well. The tips seem to be a different size, the silicone is thicker, more rigid and they always seem to be trying to push the buds out of my ear making me feel like they are going to fall. They also provide discomfort after an hour of use whereas my old ones I could leave in all day or for an entire flight.

I wondered if anyone has had a similar problem? And whether anyone has found any third party tips that fit, or have managed to make any modifications to the new tips to make them fit better? 

I’m really disappointed Bose decided to do this as they’ve made a great pair of headphones much less useable and comfortable than the previous version.

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_F

Re: Stayhear Max

Hi Steveoz,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm disappointed to hear you feel the comfort on your new QC Earbuds is not matching what you've previously experienced from Bose. As a start, have you thoroughly tested all three included sizes of ear tips, and also watched our guidance video HERE?

In regard to performance, how are you finding the sound quality and noise-cancellation of these earbuds?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Steveoz
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

Hi Sam,

I've watched the videos, followed the tips and tried every which was and combination, but the headphones do not fit me like the old soundsport do because of the change in tip design.

I notice lots of others have the same problem and there is a thread further up on this page with many users finding the switch to these fins from the old buds uncomfortable and unstable.

I hope that bose can produce tips that are similar to the old design, because without them many people will be put off by the product and be returning them.

I notice that switching devices and controlling volume is being looked into which is great news, if now only Bose can do some alternative tips that existing customers could purchase to make them comfortable, because without that, they may as well just be called 'bose quiet'.

Thanks.

Steveoz
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

In regards to sound quality and performance I have found them to be very good. They have a louder volume level than the sound sport, and whilst they reproduce almost identical frequencies the quiet comfort seem more composed and in control of the sound. The active EQ is nice because it does allow more bass heavy music to be heard as it is meant to without having the volume up high all of the time.

The noise cancelling is also good, although I have noticed when out for a walk or run, car sound / tyre noise bounces up and down with my movement / foot steps. So it goes loud/quite/loud/quiet. I've tried holding the headphones in my ear and they are providing a seal and I get the same effect, so not sure why that is.

Vicky_W

@Steveoz, let's explore this more. Please can you give the steps here a try and let me know if they help at all? If not, can I please confirm if this happens at any other time or just when you are on a run?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
KytKat
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

I have the exact same issue and now considering the new Sony earbuds.