Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heddie
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2021

The bluetooth button stopped working on my Earbuds QC charger

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Earbuds QC

Country

Sweden

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on 

iPhone 11 Pro Max, Apple Watch, IPad Pro

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

The Bluetooth button on my Earbuds QC charger stopped working. There’s no response at all even if I press it for a couple of minutes. It worked just fine since I bought the product in November last year until the second week of January. The charger still charges the buds and the buds work as they should. It’s solely the Bluetooth button that is not working any longer. Note that I can still switch pair between devices when I use the Bose Music app on my mobile phone. But obviously it’s inconvenient that I need to use the app every time I want to switch pairing devices.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I make sure the charger is fully charged when I try to switch pairing between devices. No response at all in the charger nor the buds.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: The bluetooth button stopped working on my Earbuds QC charger

Author Accepted Answer selected by Heddie

Hi Heddie,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If the button on the charging case has stopped responding completely I would recommend attempting a reset of the earbuds and seeing if you get any response from the button during this process. To perform a reset, follow the steps shown HERE.

I'd also recommend checking for and installing any available updates using our device updater on a computer. If you open the link on a computer, the on-screen instructions will walk you through this process.

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Heddie

Hi Heddie,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If the button on the charging case has stopped responding completely I would recommend attempting a reset of the earbuds and seeing if you get any response from the button during this process. To perform a reset, follow the steps shown HERE.

I'd also recommend checking for and installing any available updates using our device updater on a computer. If you open the link on a computer, the on-screen instructions will walk you through this process.

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

SunDevil
Participant
Registered since

Jan 26, 2021

Hi Keith -- I seem to have the same issue with my bluetooth button not working periodically. As a result, I don't get the prompt "ready to connect".  This issue has been persistent every since I purchased the product at launch in Sept 2020. Every two or three weeks, I need to go through the reset as described in the link. 

Are others experiencing this frequently as I am? I'm trying to understand the root cause and if there's something I might be doing incorrectly.

I use my QuietComfort Earbuds for a few devices -- my laptop, iPhone (11 Pro), iPad Pro, television and exercise bike. As a result, having the ability to use the bluetooth button is critical to connect to other devices that don't have the Bose Music app available. 

Any thoughts / suggestions?

Heddie
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2021

Hi @Keith_L  and thanks for the reply. The reset worked perfectly and the Bluetooth button is working again. Thanks a lot for your help! Cheers!