Highlighted
sburbano
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Turn off Sound Sport Free without the case?

I really like my new Sound Sport Free headphones.

As far as I can tell the only possibility to turn off the headphones is to place them in the case.

I have already set the standby timer to 5 mins. As suggested in this archived thread:
https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Turn-off-SoundSport-Free-without-putting-in-chargin...

For me it is really important to have a way to turn them off manually. Bose can't expect users to always have the very bulky charging case at hand. At least for me that is not the case.

@boseare there any plans to provide such functionallity in the near future?

I guess it should not be that hard to implement via a firmware update. Or if that should not be possible then at least give us an option to turn them off via the app.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Turn off Sound Sport Free without the case?

Hello sburbano,

Welcome to the community, we appreciate your feedback regarding your SoundSport Free Headphones. 

I am very sorry that this functionality is not currently available for this headset and has provided you with some disappointment. I thank you for taking the time for providing us with your interest in this. We do not have any information regarding this off feature being implemented at this time, but I would happily pass on your feedback to the relevant team. 

If we obtain any information regarding this we will inform the community. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

sburbano
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Re: Turn off Sound Sport Free without the case?

Hello Tegan,

yes please pass the feedback to the relevant team. And also please let us know what response they give you. 🙂

Thanks!