Michae1
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

Re: Turn off noise cancellation for quietcomfort earbuds

I just got my QC earbuds today and was really happy with the ANC... until I went outside and the wind noise issue became apparent. Such a shame on this otherwise great sounding earbuds.

Come on Bose please fix! Also, add EQ settings to the Bose Music app while you're at it...

Thanks a bunch!

jonas.l246
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2021

Is there any update on this? It is indeed a serious issue for me too. Basically makes the earbuds useless for one of their main purposes. If this issue won't be resolved, please also let me know. Thanks!

paul.mitsakis@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2021

I haven't yet had a chance to test this but does disabling the feature to hear your own voice help reduce the wind noise? Setting this to high and then to off made a huge difference in the way you can hear your own voice so I was wondering if it would block wind noise when set to off?

Cplus
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2021

Any updates? Just got my qc buds yesterday, tried on today for few hours, the wind noise, and background noise with an off is really annoying, if you are in a quiet room and don't need the ANC on, you hear more noise than not wearing them, although I really like the fit and sound quality, if this can't be fixed, I'm gonna have to return them 

UKAGAMI
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

U still dont understand , right. ANC work well but in outside we dont need to use ANC because the wind will blow our brain by the microphone. Can u just add option to turn off ANC in the App ? This is a very important fix for this earbud.

UKAGAMI
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

I work really hard to buy this . So please fix it. Give us option to turn off ANC. We pay a lot money only for sound and ANC. Thats is useless in outside with wind noise. We dont need 3 ANC remember slot. We only need turn off ANC  - turn off AnC- and transparency mode. Lets of turn off ANC mode or turn off microphone.

User-AYQC
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2021

Any word from Bose on whether they're in the process of fixing this? I've had these headphones for less than a week and this is the only problem I am experiencing, and it's such a shame. With the Bose QC35ii if you change noise cancelling to 'low' or 'off', wind noise is practically eliminated. Surely a software update of sorts can achieve the same thing with the earbuds?

Update: decided to return them.. these headphones are essentially not for outdoor use. It's no use having great sound and noise cancelling capabilities if the wind can completely overpower it.

UKAGAMI
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

This product is trash if it cant be use in outdoor. Goodjob and i never buy any bose again

hve.dk
Participant
Registered since

Mar 7, 2021

I too will return my Bose earbuds, as it's complete useless in windy conditions - without an option to disable the microphone.

How can Bose ignore this thread on their own forum?
Bye, bye Bose.

Michae1
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

It's been a while... any update on this?

With the engineering prowess to create such a great ANC earbuds, surely adding the option to turn it off completely is child's play?

Any update is appreciated... please!