Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Judith_amsterdam
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2021

Re: Turn off noise cancellation for quietcomfort earbuds

Thank you Ardelio for the extensive analyses en description! I face the same problem and returning the earbuds today.

As soon as this problem is solved (any updates Bose?!) I will be buying them again. 
Is there a platform/page on this community site where these kinds of upgrades/changes are announced? 

YouriQuietComfort
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2021

Same. It's been a year since this has been 'noted' @Jessie_O but there's no solution. Going to have to return these if there is no swift response and implementation.

max3223
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2021

I bought the Bose Earbuds yesterday with high expectations. First at all, I was very happy with them.

Great sound and gread ANC. But this morning, when I went to work by bike, it was almost not possible to listen and enjoy the music because of the wind noises.

I have some QC35 too where you can turn down ANC and almost eliminate the wind problem with this.

As im reading this thread is almost 1 year old im going to return the buds tomorrow too!

I cant understand why Bose wont reply to this thread or wont change it.

Im very disappointed!

AlGat
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2021

I bought these entirely for outdoor use, and mostly for during my daily bike ride.  Imagine my surprise when I found out that the wind noise is captured by the mic and pumped into the earbuds, and there is no way to eliminate the noise.  They are entirely useless for windy conditions or for riding a bike.

Now I see Bose is just confirming that there is not way to turn off those mics to eliminate the wind noise, but not actually answering any concerns about fixing the problem.  Very disappointing and I can assure you that no support = never buying another Bose product again.

I think the Bose team should be taken on a bike ride with the QuietComfort Earbuds and let them fiddle with the settings to discover that they are totally unusable unless the ANC can be turned off entirely.  I say that because I have to believe they would fix it if they actually tried it and saw for themselves how much this fix is needed.