sr-6
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2021

Turning off ANC and Ambient mode on QuiteComfort Earbuds

I just purchased the QuietComfort Earbuds in the US and I updated the firmware to the latest version: 1.2.7. I use the earbuds with my Pixel 3a which runs android. 

I cannot have noise cancelation on for multiple hours and want to turn it off after an hour of use without having to switch to hear-through mode. Hear-through mode picks up on all the noises and it's very distracting/annoying. I want to be able to use the headphones like regular headphones without hear-through or ANC.

Additionally, there really needs to be a setting to adjust hear-though and ANC separately without having to be forced to use one or the other. Turning both ANC and hear-through off is a very basic feature. 

Is this feature going to be implemented in the future firmware updates? This is going to affect my decision on whether I keep the earbuds or return them.

1 REPLY 1
Charlotte_G

Re: Turning off ANC and Ambient mode on QuiteComfort Earbuds

Hey there, thanks for posting! 

At this time, we do not have any information regarding whether this feature will change in the future. I'll be happy to pass along your feedback regarding the ANC levels to our development team for future consideration.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!