RealNameTaken
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

Re: Volume Control on new QuietComfort & Sports Earbuds

Back after a 4 day ban from the community.

Apparently we should only post positive comments.

I honestly don't think I have any about Bose.

SiG10
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

@RealNameTaken 

Really? Without negative posts, how will they know what to improve?

Gaffer
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2020

I have just got the quietcomfort earbuds and think the sound quality and noise cancelling is excellent. However, along with most people, I am very frustrated that I can't control the volume. I am a runner and it is not convenient for me to stop mid run to take my phone out the pouch to turn the volume up or down. An update to the software that includes volume control would make these headphones perfect. I really do hope this becomes reality

knotsofast
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

My Quiet Comfort 2 Earbuds arrived today - I'm amazed there is no volume control outside being connected to my phone. Mine are going back as there is no assurance from Bose this is coming at all or anytime soon. How does Bose miss the most obvious and basic control for earbuds or at least not update these immediately? 

PawelLitwinski
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2020

I returned mine today. Not just the lack of volume control, but general problems with finding a satisfying fit. Pity because I was waiting for them so much. 

matforde
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

I can say that not having the ability to adjust the volume from my QC buds is not a problem. I tend to listen to everything mid volume. If my wife pokes me to ask a question, I either double tap to pause or take an ear bud out!

On the occasion where I have wanted to adjust the volume, I use the side buttons on my iPhone - no big deal for me. 

I didn’t even use the volume control on my QC35s - I used my device!

mhousaini
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

This is a major shortcoming. Has anyone from Bose confirmed whether this functionality is in development?

Rafa99
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Hi,

Can you please announce an update or timeline for the above.

I understand those features were initially included with the product but were withdrawn upon release, now back in research.

Being essential features I took for granted at purchase and as seen from feedback here I'm not alone, a definitive update will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Tx91791
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

For those who don't want to wait for Bose to fix their mistake and the whopping 2 uncustomizable controls per ear, in addition to the much talked about Sennheiser there's the new Jabra 85t for pre-order. They also do the controls correctly, and it looks like with even more customization than Sennheiser, albeit they use a button not a touch pad (plus connect 2 devices at once; smaller case; $50 cheaper), with more colors coming in January!

gavnnn
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2020

Suggestion: Simple Way to Implement Volume Control

On the new wireless earbuds there is already a "press and hold" gesture on both sides (shortcuts on the left and voice control on the right). Give us a software update that instead maps that gesture to "volume up" on one side and "volume down" on the other.

This should be very easy to implement since it would only use existing functions. By all means, take the time to come up with something more sophisticated but this would be a huge improvement in the meantime. I personally never check battery and never use my voice assistant.