Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

Re: Volume Control on new QuietComfort & Sports Earbuds

Dear Bose Community,

I am writing in connection with two problems that I have with my Bose Sport Earbuds.

Number one: I can neither adjust the volume nor go back/change tracks manually, that is with the tapping control method. I hope a new update will change that.

Number two: I would like to turn off ‘Voice Control’ in Bose Music App. I use the Ear Buds during running. I wear a running mask during the activity ó, and as soon as the mask becomes wet or damp, the device perceives the mask as someone pressing or pushing it / it takes the mask as a tap and randomly starts calling contacts, which is rather embarrassing late at night or early in the morning (these are the times I normally go running). It really needs an update as soon as possible so that users can disable the Voice Control. If it cannot be solved I must send the product back as it is useless for me.

I look forward to your answer.

Thank you in advance!

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Thank you to everybody who posted their feedback on volume control for the QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds. We have been reading your comments and are happy to hear that so many of you are enjoying your earbuds. 

We understand that many of you want volume controls available on the earbuds and we are pleased to announce that our engineering team has committed to adding on-bud volume control before the end of the year.

We will post more details as we have them so please continue to check back for updates on availability.

Thank you again for all your support! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

I've been reading the various comments on the QC earbuds with interest - particularly the lack of touch controls.  Here's my view after using them for a month, and having bought and returned other NC true earbuds before settling on the Bose QCs.

1.  Having tried earbuds with touch control for volume, I'd rather do without and change volume on the device.  Sony is a good example why:  You can tap the earbud to increase volume in steps (one tap = 1 step) but the step changes are too big (so too quiet to too loud in one tap); reducing volume is achieved by pressing and holding the touch control; this steadily decreases the volume - or it should, but in practice first nothing happens, then the volume drops in a rush.

2.  The option to skip forward a track is good in theory, but as it involves a long press I've found that when adjusting the earbud in your ear you'll suddenly find you've skipped forward (but you can't skip back).  I've set mine to give me a battery status (not that I need it, I'd be happy with warning that battery was low without having to press a button).  Single tap to skip forward, double tap to skip back?

3.  Why do we have to double-tap to adjust NC mode?  And if you can give us a voice prompt for battery status, power-on and bluetooth -connected why do we have to listen to a barely audible beep and guess whether the noise cancelling is on (and it's terrific, btw) or if there's just no ambient noise?

In case you're wondering why I'm persevering, it's because they are best in class for audio quality and noise cancelling. and they stay in my ears (which is more than I can say for some of the competition!).

So far the touch controls are unsatisfactory, so I'm hoping Bose can deliver improvements via firmware...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

As many of you know that, if you have been follwing this thread, I returned my Bose's because there is no adjustment of volume on the earbuds. I understand they seem to be working on it and claim that the feature will be had at the end of the year. However, Bose helped me to move on to Sennheiser Momentum True wireless 2 which are excellent earbuds.

I have been talking to one of the forum members here which has the similar experience as mine. 

The fact is that, after using my Sennheiser TW 2 for a week, I like how punchy the bass is while the high and the mid are also excellent. I owned the SoundSport Free before I purchased the QuietComfort. 

If I would rate all these 3 products out of score of 10, TW 2 would be 9/10, SoundSport Free 8.5/10, QuietComfort 7.5/10. I want to point it out that the score is about overall experience. I don't overly like earbuds that are leaning to heavy bass and I don't listen too many pop songs. However, the balance of the TW 2 and SoundSport Free is excellent to my liking while QC is just subpar when I played the same songs / music especially it was like default Apple's wired earpods but with a little bit richer sound and bass.

Overall, very happy with the purchase of the Sennheiser TW2 even they are more expensive.

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 6, 2020

Dear Wayne_M,

this is really great news and proofs BOSE has an excellent product and is listening to its customers. Cudos!

I want to voluntarily raise my hand that I am happy to test any Beta version and to give feedback in case Bose considers a smaller public beta for testing and optimizing before release to a larger public. I believe with the strong and engaged user base a lot of people are happy to support the engineers in their development. Feel free to share concepts here for sounding so you can feel what your customers think about various implementation options. Of course there will not be the one option which makes everyone happy but if majority is satisfied then this should point the way. Again, just a helping hand reached out to you guys in case you prefer a joint community maturing for your firmware!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

Thank you for listening to us and have made a commitment to add volume controls to the earbuds. The earphones have amazing sound quality and great ANC. The ANC could be improved however, as I notice some frequencies enter through the earphones.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

is there any plan for firmware upgrade on Skip to previous track on left ear bud ?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

Hello,

I just purchased a pair of Sport Earbuds this week (not the Quiet Comfort) because the product webpage said that on these, swiping up and down on the right earbud adjusts the volume.

This doesn’t seem to be the case as its not working.

“On the right earbud, swipe up and down for volume control, double-tap to play or pause music and to answer calls. “

Please let me know if this was bad advertising or if I am doing something wrong.  Without volume control I will be  returning them.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

I just opened mine and couldn't get it to work, checked the website and it states, "On the right earbud, swipe up and down for volume control." and then I come here and see it isn't even implemented into  the buds yet.
Kinda shady listing it on the website as a feature when it's clearly not even there....

Bose...smh

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

When engineering adds the touch volume control (before the end of the year?), will it updated automatically?