ritchr
Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Re: Volume Control on new QuietComfort & Sports Earbuds

I’m so torn between the 2! I’m very tempted to return my Bose as they distort at high volume and no volume controls or eq. The Sennheisers aren’t really loud enough and aren’t as comfortable as the Bose. Hard decision!

rskrukowski
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

Don't buy the Bose.  The product pages is wrong and you can't even get a hold of anyone to ask them why their product page is lying to customers.

User-033c4
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

Hi there. Any more news on this feature update? Will it be recovered this function? 

turjum
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2020

how come then you are mentioning on your website that you can control the volume?

"Instead of buttons, Bose Sport Earbuds feature a capacitive touch interface. That means the outer surface of each earbud works like a touchpad. On the right earbud, swipe up and down for volume control, double-tap to play or pause music and to answer calls. And on the left earbud, double-tap to engage a Shortcut function of your choice like checking your battery level (which you can set up in the Bose Music app)."

https://www.bose.ae/en_ae/products/headphones/earbuds/bose-sport-earbuds.html#v=sport_earbuds_baltic...

TTop71
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

hello, and hold on??? I just purchased the sport earbuds last week SPECIFICALLY because on the Bose website it stated that you can control the volume by swiping in the right earbud IN ADDITION to using your Bluetooth device sound controls.  Received my buds today to find out that there is no such swipe volume control feature “yet”???  How can you advertise that this is a product main feature and not provide it?  Please let me know as I will be repacking thaws to go back tomorrow if this is truly false advertising. (I own the 700 series over ear and chose the buds because of the same swipe feature for volume - very tedious to yank out the phone each time I need to adjust volume)

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

TTop71
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

then you need to remove the statement from your website.  You clearly state on your website to this day that the volume control on the sport buds is through a swipe up or down.  This is false advertising.....

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

Tegan_M

Hello everyone,

Once again thank you very much for your feedback. 

Our 4.2.4 Bose Music app update to allow volume control is now live and you can read more about this HERE. You'll need to first activate the option in the settings menu.

Wayne_M_0-1606842145198.png

How to enable volume control:

To activate this new feature, open the Bose Music app and follow these instructions:

1. Tap on the product tile from your My Products page
  2. Tap the Setting icon in the top right corner
  3. Navigate to the Control section
  4. Toggle Volume ON to enable on-product touch volume control

Wayne_M_1-1606842145206.png

We hope you enjoy this feature! Please leave us feedback below!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

knotsofast
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

Thanks to the people at Bose who chose to add this and for making it available so quickly. I wouldn’t be without the Quiet Comfort earbuds now having experienced the most personal, effective and best noise cancellation yet in my opinion and this makes them even more enjoyable. Happy to invest in products from a company that is open to customer requests and suggestions! 

Mrashed
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2020

Really great news coming from a great company 👍 

sacklunch
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

This is awesome news! Do you know if there are plans in the future to add a skip forward AND a skip back function? I know you can program the skip forward functionality, but will a skip back ever be available?

I use my headphones to listen to podcasts and books and use the 30 seconds forward/15 seconds back functionality a lot so without that feature, I'm not sure I could commit to these headphones (as much as I want to.....I LOVE my NC 900s)