Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gemlite
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2021

Volume control affects balance.

Just purchased the QC Earbuds. For some reason, volume control affects balance dramatically. Low volume swings balance of audio to the left.  High volume to the right. Only at the middle volume setting does the audio output seem centered. This has to be a bug. Using on an iPhone. Happens with both phone and app audio control. 

9 REPLIES 9
Hector_B

Re: Volume control affects balance.

Hey Gemlite, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing audio balance issues with your earbuds. 

Let's start with performing a reset on the earbuds by following these steps here.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this!  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
nightfire1964
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

The same thing has happened to me just now gotthe balance changes as I change my volume I am currently on an android phone and these headphones are less than a month old. 

Neclepsio
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 22, 2021

I think this is the same as https://community.bose.com/t5/In-Ear-Headphones/Bose-QC-Unequal-Volume-Increase-between-left-right-e...

Good news is there is a "solution" to fix it, but it can happen again (for me, it happened twice).

I really think something should be done, since it seems to be widespread.

Keithayoungster
Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2021

Same issue here what’s the solution?

ASG8
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2021

Hello,
Today I have experienced this issue for the 3rd time since I bought the earbuds, two months ago, on February the 18th 2021.
The earbuds are amazing, but this issue is a bit annoying, also to mention that prior to appearing this issue, the noise reduction levels on one side seem to not follow the other on transparency mode.
The firmware version that they had the last 2 times it happened is:
1.2.7-11653+787c799
I have successfully reset the earbuds (which seems to temporally solve the problem) by holding the case button for around 30 seconds, as stated here:
https://www.bose.es/es_es/support/articles/HC2563/productCodes/qc_earbuds/article.html
If any further info is needed in order to help solve this bug, I would gladly provide it
Thanks!

gerariganello
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2021

Same thing here, happens around once a month.

Worst thing is putting them inside the case to restart them and wait a little bit does nothing.

Mokona512
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2021

I have experienced the issue as well, but placing the earbuds in the charging case for around 5 minutes tends to fix it. Basically the earbuds need to drop to their lowest power state and then turn back on.

Hopefully they will release the firmware update to fix it permanently.

dman70
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 3, 2021

Sounds like their built-in EQ is the culprit IMHO.  Hence, one reason to have a customizable feature in the App.  Could solve some issues. 

gerariganello
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2021

Thanks