Volume control not working in ear head phones 2015

Bose product name - 2015

Australia

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_F

Re: Volume control not working in ear head phones 2015

Hey TCMat,

Thank you for taking the time to post - welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to get volume control on your earbuds working yet, but I'd be happy to advise. If you haven't already, install the latest version of the Bose Music app to your device, and then enable Volume Control in the settings of your QC Earbuds product.

Have you tried either of these steps yet, and if not, give this a go and let me know if it starts working!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
TCMat
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2020

Hi tks for your reply.  I just download the app. It asked me to turn on my device near phone. I'm not sure what that means. My inear noise cancelling headsets are quite old. I bought them about 2010-2013. They don't have Bluetooth capability as far as I know. They plug into phone. They volume control used to work (But not for sometime). Now only the stop/mute function on the lead works.  

Jessie_O

Hey TCMat, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I'm sorry it seems as though there has been a miscommunication. I'll be more than happy to help you in any way that I can. 

Can you tell me the name of your headphones so I can give you the most accurate information? I have included a product identifier in case you are unsure of which ones you have HERE

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!