Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

Volume up, volume down, play/pause are not working on my SoundSport Wireless

SoundSport Wireless: I have had the Free Soundsport Wireless headphones a few years now. Recently, I've been unable to use the volume control (I.e., volume up, volume down) and play/pause buttons. The power button on the side has also been operating strangely. I must hold it down for more extended periods (10+ seconds) to get the headphones to turn on/off when it didn't use to take that long. I have also tried resetting them by putting them into the case and changing them.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Volume up, volume down, play/pause are not working on my SoundSport Wireless

Hello Trip3009, 

Thank you for reaching out. Welcome to the Bose Community!

I am sorry to hear you have had issues with your Soundsport Free wireless headphones. 

Can you kindly confirm if you have tried to unpair the headphones and tried pairing them to the same/another device to see if the issue persists? 

Further to this, if you haven't already, please try to update the firmware of the headphones on a computer by visiting this link. 

I'll look forward to hearing how you get on! If anyone else has had similar issues, please feel free to join in the discussion. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

Re: Volume up, volume down, play/pause are not working on my SoundSport Wireless

YES, I have unpaired the headphones and paired them to two other devices.

Highlighted

Hi Trip3009, 

thank you for following up with us. 

I'm sorry to hear that unpairing your headphones and repairing has not resolved your issue. 

Have you been able to try the update as mentioned by @Jeff_G above?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.