Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

Whining noise coming from Bose QuietComfort 20

I bought some Bose QuietComfort 20 on Amazon. I registered them on the same day they arrived. The very next day, they started making a high pitched whining noise from one of the earphones. I tried turning them on/off a few time, but nothing happened. They should be under warranty. How can I send them back to Bose? They're currently unusable.

I had my previous pair of Bose QuietComfort 20 for 2 years before they finally gave up the ghost. But in comparison, my older pair had what feels like a much higher quality wire jack lead (slightly rubberised). The new one feels very plasticky and cheap - also disappointing!

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Whining noise coming from Bose QuietComfort 20

Hello DouglasW, 

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your QC20. 

A squeal can occur if the outer microphone used for the noise cancelling function comes into contact with the speaker inside the earbud. I would recommend removing the StayHear tips and re-apply them to make sure they are securely connected. 

If the problem persists, I would recommend getting back in touch with Amazon if you are still within the return period as they will be able to assist with an exchange faster then Bose can. If you are outside of the return period, please use this link to seek support.

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!