Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

Why the left headphone cuts out during phone/video calls

I have found reasons why this is the case (poor engineering).

ie. https://community.bose.com/t5/In-Ear-Headphones/Soundsport-Free-left-side-issue-during-call/td-p/102...

I just wanted to know if there was any plans in place to fix this issue?

Because I did not buy these headphones as an expensive single side bluetooth headset.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Why the left headphone cuts out during phone/video calls

Hello tomvern, 

Thanks for reaching out.

Due to the technical nature of these headphones and the way Bluetooth data is processed (Bluetooth audio data is first sent to the right earbud and then relayed to the left earbud after processing), audio for phone calls is restricted to the right earbud only. Introducing left and right audio during calls would induce a clear audio delay between you and the call recipient. As such, due to hardware restrictions, we are unable at this time to offer audio to the left speaker independently, nor audio to both left and right channels during a phone call.

I apologize for any disappointment this provides.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

Re: Why the left headphone cuts out during phone/video calls

If introducing the left ear bud to calls would "induce a clear audio delay", how does everyone other brand of in ear wireless headphones manage this?

I would say it's not a hardware restriction, it is a feature that Bose has left out, similarly to Apple slowing down older phones to preserve battery life, because they thought it was in the best interest of the consumer. Unfortunately, this was not communicated as a feature of the headphone, so you can understand why myself and others are frustrated.

If this was communicated properly , I never would have purchased these devices, but now, I am stuck with a product that does not fulfill my requirements.

I hope that there are new headphones that Bose is working on that doesnt have this limitation as its a massive design flaw.