moxfox
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Will not connect to any devices

I am on my 3rd pair of wireless bose soundport headphones (semi-wired).  they are not connecting to any device.  The first pair died after 1 year.  The second pair would not pair after about 6 months.  And this pair has failed after 45 days.  Really sick of this.  What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Will not connect to any devices

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello moxfox,

Thanks for giving that a go I am sorry it did not work, I completely understand your frustration with the situation. I would recommend that you call the customer care team as they will be able to look into this further. 

I am sorry that I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion.

Have a great day😊

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

5 REPLIES 5
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

hmmm... assuming you are talking about the wired model with the wires between the left and right and not the 'free' model where they are not connected by wire.  If so, I have a pair of those.  The only real problem I had with my previous pair (which Bose replaced) was the  cover over the right ear (the one with the button and connector) started to come off and I super-glue did not work.  The one has a button that is a bit hard to push for on/off/pairing.  Other than that, I have not had a connection issue with either one.  I connect to a Dell Precision desktop, Dell Precision laptop (both Win 7/64), and an iPhone 7+.

So unless you keep getting 'lemons' which is always possible, my experience of when Bose devices stop communicating, is that the problem is caused by the other end having had a change made (or sometimes not).  Windows (and I hear Macs as well), is not very good at Bluetooth connections and you may not know that the Bluetooth on desktops and laptops is not done, for example, by Microsoft but by a third party BT vendors - in my case, Dell uses Intel.  But it is also possible that a Windows update can cause a BT issue (even if another vendor still works and Bose does not).  Last Fall, not a single one of my Bose products could connect to my laptop (two Revolves, QC35ii, Soundlink Mini 2 and Soundsport Wired).  I tried everything.  Finally (since I 'image' my C drive twice a year), I reverted my C drive back to the June 30, 2018 image and everything started working again.  Even things like Windows application updates can impact a Bluetooth communication.  Unfortunately, I then updated everything (though I left the Bluetooth drivers alone) including windows and application updates and it still works to this day.  I never figured out what got messed up.

Keep in mind that smart devices have operating systems that sometimes change and cause issues - including the many updates to Apple iOS.

So it could be your device or something changed on the other end.

moxfox
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Thanks for the response. I have the semi-wired wireless. I have attempted to link numerous devices. The battery is acting funny. It’s a lemon. Not sure what I can do to get a replacement or if anyone else has had these issues.

Hello moxfox,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SoundSport headphones again. I would recommend you power cycle your headphones and the device you are connecting to if you haven't already. 

To reboot your headset:

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds

• Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds

• Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute

• Turn on the headset

I would also suggest that you remove the devices from each other pairing lists if you haven't already, I hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Highlighted
moxfox
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Didn’t work. What’s next.

I’m really upset. I just got these.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello moxfox,

Thanks for giving that a go I am sorry it did not work, I completely understand your frustration with the situation. I would recommend that you call the customer care team as they will be able to look into this further. 

I am sorry that I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion.

Have a great day😊

Kindest regards,

Zoe C