Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Wired Soundsport

I have enjoyed my pair of wired Soundsport headphones for quite a few years now. They are finally getting to the point of retirement as I have worn away the casing on the wires. I was just wondering if Bose plans on making any more Wired Soundsport headphones for Android or if that line is just gone. It doesn't seem anywhere has them and no plans to make more. Is Bose just planning on nixing all wired headphones? I would hope not. I prefer the wire to bluetooth. I can't explain why but I do. I would be sad to see these go.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Re: Wired Soundsport

@WondrousSage 

funnily enough i had the exact same question and opinion but really think that with the way technology is heading everything seems to be going wireless so i highly doubt it although i wish! 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

I asked Bose about this.

They have been discontinued, which I think is just dumb.

Wired headphones are far from obsolete.

Pretty much every other major headphone company is still making wired headphones.

The sound quality of wired headphones is still better than wireless at this point.

Battery life is still an issue.

Bose should really rethink this decision.

Where is the entry point for Bose headphone products now?

People are not going to stop buying wired headphones. They are just going to stop buying Bose.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

@jwbyrne 

Agreed but they have to move on with technology and serve the market.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

well this is crapy news. I need minimal battery powered items as possible! 

BOSE not everyone lives in a concrete jungle! bring wired headphones back please! 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

I think my solution, when my current pair die, will be to just use all those free Apple Earbuds laying about the place.

I mean, they’re free and, if you add those aftermarket ear tips, available for the Airpods, they fit pretty much the way Soundsports do.

The sound is not as good, but what are you going to do?

Let’s us know if you change your mind Bose.

I’d much rather be using Soundsports, or the like, from you folks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

I absolutely agree the wired soundsport is the best wired earbuds. They are so comfortable! Bose needs to bring it back! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

My wired SoundSport headphones also just gave out, and I was sad to find that these have been discontinued.

My issue is not with wired versus wireless. I have both the wired and wireless SoundSport versions. These should not be called the same headphones. The wireless versions (both standard SoundSport and the SoundSport Free) have noise isolation plugs added to the earplugs, while the wired versions do not. This results in a) a drastic difference in how long I can comfortably wear them and b) external sound isolation when I simply don't want it. For example, sitting at my desk with music playing, I cannot hear when a coworker (or my partner at home, these days) speaks to me. Similarly, when I am running/walking, I find it unsafe to block out all sounds around me.

I have tried swapping the earpieces from the wired headphones to the wireless models, but this resulted in a very flat sound. Clearly the wireless version's sound profile was designed to be used with the isolation pieces of the earplug.

I wish either the wired version would come back or a wireless version was offered that does not require the added noise isolation.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2020

I totally agree, I will now have to find an alternative. I don't like bluetooth nearly as much and swear by my wired bose soundsports.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

I'm a very loyal Bose user for many years, including QC over-ear headphones.

My Bose Soundsport wired headphones are near the end of their lifecycle.  Sound even cut out of one earbud lol!  But I'm still using it for work calls, because the talking side still works!!  It was my 2nd pair that I used religiously every day for work, gym, play and was reliable for so much use for about 3 yrs each.

I even bought a Soundsport wireless earbud to replace this wired one, and that is very good for my casual time where it's great to be handsfree, but for work calls where I need people to hear me clearly, I use the older wired one where the mic is closer to my mouth. 

Bestbuy has very limited selection of wired, so it's hard to find now. I may have to look on Amazon, which I'd prefer not to.  I hope Bose brings back wired...