Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Wireless Free switching between devices

I recently updated to the new firmware (not why it didn't give me the option before now) not only did it take forever (why something so small took soooooo long is anyone's guess).. but my problem is that now I do not seem to be able to switch between my devices.. I used to press the button on the left ear and it would switch to another device.. I have the connected to my iPhone X, Mac book Pro, iPad and watch (not that I use it with the last one)..

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Wireless Free switching between devices

Hey,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties connecting to devices via Bluetooth. What currently happens when you press the Bluetooth button? Can you talk me through the exact process that you're taking at the moment? For reference, the procedure for swapping between devices is as follows.

1. Press the Bluetooth button to hear which mobile device is connected.
  2. Press the Bluetooth button again within three seconds to connect to the next mobile device in the headphone pairing list. Repeat until you hear the correct mobile device name.

If you're still having difficulties, have you tried performing a Bluetooth reset on the headset, and deleting the previous connection to the headphones on your iPhone, MacBook and iPad? To do this:

1. Pressing and holding the Power button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  2. Removing your headphones from your device's Bluetooth list. This is typically done by selecting your headphones in the device's Settings > Bluetooth list and selecting "Forget," "Unpair," or "Remove"
  3. Re-pair the two devices together again

Let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

It wouldn't tell me what was connected.,, I had to go in to each device and forget the headphones then reconnect them all again!

Seems to be fixed now

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

I have the same problem. Pushing the button on the left bud doesn't seem to cycle through the connected devices. I have to constantly unpair devices, forget devices, clear connections, turn bluetooth on and off on the devices. It's a hassle and doesn't work as it should. Here's how it should work: each press on the left bud cycles to the next connected device. I typically might have three devices I'm cycling through but usually just two, a computer and a mobile phone. 

Thanks,

Mark

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

I have the same issue with my newly purchased SoundSport free headphones. Switching between my iPhone 11, MacBook Pro and MacMini are incredibly infuriating. Simply pushing the left bluetooth button doesn't seem to do the trick. The only thing that works without fail is when connecting to my phone. As soon as I switch to another device, trying to get disconnected and connected to another device is next to impossible.