Wireless SoundSport left ear not working

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Wireless SoundSport left ear not working

When i connect my Wireless Soundsport earbuds to my Mac, the left earbud frequently goes in and out of the connection when i am listening to Spotify. The Earbuds are charged and when i connect them to my phone.

Potential User Stories:

As a consultant who frequently takes calls through their computer (e.g. Skype), I want the ability to identify which mac program is triggering a "Call response" on my earbuds so that if the earbuds incorrectly identify themselves as in a call then I am better enabled to troubleshoot the problem (e.g. close that program and reconnect earbuds).

As a consultant who frequently takes calls through their computer (e.g. Skype), I want the ability to override the "Call response" on my earbuds so that if the earbuds incorrectly identify themselves as in a call then I can override that command.

I frequently stop using my Earbuds because it is very frustrating for the left ear bud to constantly pulse in and out.  I have contacted local support on this and proceeded through all recommended steps with now luck. Will be exchanging my current buds for new ones. hopefully that fixes it. 

7 REPLIES

Re: Wireless SoundSport left ear not working

Hello dfinkbiner! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear about your experience, but would like to help! It sounds like you may be experiencing interference or a weak signal. The Bluetooth signal is first processed by the right earbud which is then streamed to the left. If there is any interference with the Bluetooth signal, the left ear will drop out first. This will cause the right earbud only to have audio as if you were on a voice call. 

When you use them with your Mac are you stationary or do you lose connection when you move around or away from the computer? 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Stationary when I am standing and working at my Mac. 

Hello dfinkbiner,

Thank you. It may be a local environmental effect. Just for troubleshooting, if you change locations does the connection improve?

Best Regards,

Greg

Quiet Contributor

It appears that it is only occurring in my work environment (which is where i use them 95% of the time). 

Any suggestions?

Hi dfinkbiner,

Thanks for the additional information. Based on the fact that your issue is only occurring in one location, it does seem like it does sound like it's related to interference at your work. I would recommend if possible:

• Trying a different Bluetooth headset in the same circumstance temporarily to see if the issue is consistent.

Please come back and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

I have another over-ear pair of bluetooth headphones that do not experience any connection issues.

Another friend of mine with the same soundsport headphones who works in the same office in the same area does not have this same issue.

Hi dfinkbiner,

Thanks for responding. That's great additional information. Based on that, I would recommend contacting your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Warm Regards,

Tony G