Wireless Soundsport Bluetooth Headphones - anyone else having serious issues?

Silent Starter

Wireless Soundsport Bluetooth Headphones - anyone else having serious issues?

Hi all,
 Just seeing if anyone else is having this problem?  I have now had 6 different soundsport wireless headphones since purchasing them 03/07/17.  Bose have sent me 5 replacements and ALL of them have stopped working. They will either (1) not charge at all, (2) the lights go all crazy from faded green to bright green to blue, etc, (3) will have a mind of their own and disconnect from bluetooth then say that bluetooth has cleared, (4) will only hold a charge for 2-3 hours after being on all night, (5) I could go on ... 
I now have the latest one which Bose sent to me on 13/09/18 which has also stopped working. 
I have asked for a refund, which is reasonable now that I have had SIX malfunctioning products, only to be told this is not possible. 
I was given the option for an upgrade, then was told I would have to pay for the difference?!  I find it shocking that Bose as a masive company would actually expect someone to pay for an upgrade for clearly a faulty and defective product. 
I have asked customer service for a complaints number, only for them to tell me they do not have one, and they handle the complaints. 
They are sending me yet another Soundsport Wireless headphones set.
These are expensive headphones and the fact that they have a guaranteed warrantee of 2 years would lead people to expect one pair to actually WORK for two years.

Anyone else having these issues or find Bose's treatment of customers questionable?

2 REPLIES

Re: Wireless Soundsport Bluetooth Headphones - anyone else having serious issues?

Hi CincyM

Thanks for writing in and sorry about all the issues!

When you charge the headset what type of power supply are using with the USB cable?

The max amperage the headset should be receiving is no more than 1 amp,  A lot of tablet power supplies fall within the 1.5-2 amp range which could potentially cause premature power issues.

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Strident Supporter

Re: Wireless Soundsport Bluetooth Headphones - anyone else having serious issues?

This is going to be offtopic and I don't work for Bose.  I have many Bose prods (including still using 701s and 201s  Smiley Happy ) and my soundsports are wired not free as you and they seem to work well during my cardio workouts (I don't jog).  What I really wanted to say was I was in Victoria last Aug (off the celebrity solstace Alaska trip) and the Butchart Gardens are one of the most amazing places I have ever been to.  I am glad we stopped in Victoria.