Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Wireless soundsport turn off after two minutes

My new wireless soundsport earbuds turn themselves off automatically and there is no response at all. They seems totally dead. I recharge (even though they’re fully charged and I experience the process once again). I have rebooted to no avail. Thanks, Dave 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Wireless soundsport turn off after two minutes

Hi Dave,

It's certainly unusual that your SoundSport wireless headphones are behaving in this way. I'd love to help resolve this.

Rebooting them is certainly a step I would recommend. To confirm, are these the steps you took?:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3.  Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

If not, please do perform the power reset steps.

Additionally, could you please visit btu.bose.com on your computer and try to install any available firmware updates, if available.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to respond to my issue. 

I’m afraid that my earbuds will not turn on it off at all now. As I shared they go completely dead, but now they will not even respond to a charge. I had twice rebooted as explained in your reply. 

Im worried as the virus here may keep the postage process slowed down, so sending them back is going to take months. It’s so sad as I live my music. 

Thanks again for your interest. Regards, Dave 

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues with your headphones.

Have you since tried to charge the headphones again? I would recommend using a smartphone charger to ensure a sufficient level of power to deliver the charge. 

If the issue persists, however, an exchange would be recommended. Please visit this link to seek service. 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.