Highlighted
ThoaiVo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

error with Bose Soundsport Free

Anyone have same problem ?

After upgrade my iphone XS max to IOS 13.2.2 as well as upgrade new firmware for Bose Soundsport Free, and now I can only listen to music with right side

Try to fix the error as recomended guide but could not solve 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: error with Bose Soundsport Free

Author Accepted Answer selected by ThoaiVo

Hi Sarah LaRocque, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! 

You can perform a reset on the headphones by following the steps below: 

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

I hope this helps and if this wasn't the step that you were looking for please do let us know.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

15 REPLIES 15

Hello ThoaiVo, 

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry that you appear to be experiencing an issue with connecting your left earbud after performing software updates on your iPhone and SoundSport Free Headphones. 

Does the LED on the left ear bud light up?

I would firstly suggest that you perform a reboot of both your phone and your SoundSport Free Headphones, this can help correct any minor processing issues. To reset your headphones, you can do this by the following instruction;

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

Please let us know how you get on, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

ThoaiVo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Dear,

I already did that steps, but fail to solve

Yes, light on left one is on (white light)

Hi ThoaiVo, 

I am very sorry to hear this. 

Can you please inform us on what other troubleshooting steps you have attempted so that we do not re-advise you?

Have you been able to connect your headphones to another Bluetooth device?

I apologise if you have already attempted this, please let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

ThoaiVo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

- on my iphone: forget this bose device; and restart iphone

- on my bose sound sport free and bose connect app: - put 2 earbuds in charging case; clear all history of connected device in bose connect app

- Try to connect with 2 different laptops and 1 ipad

*** I'm fail to fix error

- Just also performed: "Place your earbuds in the charging case Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute Remove your earbuds from the case". Fail again

Hi ThoaiVo, 

Thanks for getting back to us with this information and trying this troubleshooting. Sorry that these methods have not resolved this connectivity issue. 

What I would next suggest is that you also clear the Bluetooth list of your headphones. To perform this: Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared. Once cleared, your product is ready to connect a new device. 

If this does not help, I would suggest allowing your SoundSport Free batteries to deplete to no power and then providing them with a full charge. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

ThoaiVo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

- for the first guide: already did

- for the second guide: I will try now

Thank you,

Please keep contact

ThoaiVo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

"If this does not help, I would suggest allowing your SoundSport Free batteries to deplete to no power and then providing them with a full charge"

This could not help.

2 earbuds connected with iphone, but music can only be hear from right side. And when right earbud is disconnect, music can be hear from left side

It took lot of my time.

Sarah LaRocque
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

I have the same issue. I performed a firmware update on my headphones today and suddenly my left earbud would not connect to the right. If I manually connect to the LE_reserved bluetooth device on my phone i can get the left bud only and the standard Soundsport Free bluetooth connection plays right side only. So audio is confirmed operational on both buds. The battery power is at 100% the app only detects the right bud leaving the left greyed out. Holding the left button for any period of time does nothing at all it doesn't respond other than to wake it up after it goes into standby. I used the app to clear the pairing history and no success. Attempted to pair it to a Galaxy note 9 a Galaxy Note 10 a Galaxy Tab S4 a Toshiba Laptop and an Acer PC none will connect to anything but the right bud. The left bud will blink white until it finally goes to sleep while the right bud connects instantly. I attempted to install firmware again manually through a PC and no change. I have attempted the "reset" protocol in the case 10 times. Nothing works. The headphones were working immediately prior to opening up the bose app and now they do not function. They are out of warranty and a 40 dollar discount on a new pair is a slap in the face. In looking for solutions I found this forum and others littered with this issue it appears the firmware update triggered it in my case. After all the returns on this and customer service calls, there is no consumer accessible solution? I am attempting the battery drain for myself this evening as a last effort to force these buds to reset themselves but an inordinately frustrated with A. The design that has no real hard reset and B. The lack of effective solution for what seems to be a soft communication block that could be cleared rather than a hardware failure.  I have thousands of dollars in Bose hardware and was looking to purchase the new 500 series in 2020 upon release. What I have found in the forums on this issue gives me serious concerns for future product reliability and support. I am not the type to complain or look to be an exception to warranty terms or return policies but to have a functioning product fail after a firmware update pushed by the company's software is unbelievably frustrating!

ThoaiVo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Dear Sarah,

My case is exactly the same

I am still trying to solve this error