fredbat
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

left ear touch does nothing

I have just received the new sport buds and loved the old ones easy to use, but I want to skip onto the next track and double tapping the left bud nothing happens? even when I look up in the app it does help.

Also is there no volume control on the buds as all I seem to be able to do is press the right ear twice to pause or play?

considering my old set you could do so much more I cant see any reason for upgrading at this moment in time please let me know your answers as I might as well return them and buy another set of the older version cheaper?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Methos777
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Re: left ear touch does nothing

Author Accepted Answer selected by fredbat

So yes ...I've had hard times getting the left earphone to operate by double-tapping. What I have noticed is that the double-tap has to be a little hard. You can't do it softly at all if you want it to register. The right side seems to be more sensitive than the left so don't let the ease of the right side touches fool you into believing that the left side is just as sensitive.

As far as volume ..unfortunately, the volume isn't something the Bose earphone does by themselves. The only way to do this is to use voice commands to lower volume. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Methos777
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by fredbat

So yes ...I've had hard times getting the left earphone to operate by double-tapping. What I have noticed is that the double-tap has to be a little hard. You can't do it softly at all if you want it to register. The right side seems to be more sensitive than the left so don't let the ease of the right side touches fool you into believing that the left side is just as sensitive.

As far as volume ..unfortunately, the volume isn't something the Bose earphone does by themselves. The only way to do this is to use voice commands to lower volume. 

View solution in original post

Robpadilla
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Same problem. 
I am trying as you said pushing harder the bud but nothing happens. It is said that left bud when it is touched it move forward to the next song or it will give the battery level. But nothing happens.

if you know other method please let me know

Robpadilla

Rafa99
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Tap 3 times on left earbud, see how it goes.

Found out that after some experimentation (Sport earbuds) that 2 taps are quite inconsistent, 3 taps does the job almost always.

Methos777
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

3 taps are way too many taps for something that should work better. I really think Bose needs to fix this. The Bose QC works so much better...I barely have to touch them for them to register perfectly plus the forward works by simply placing your finger on the left earphone surface for more than 2 seconds. This is far better than having to tap hard on the surface. I hope Bose fixes this for the Sport fans out there. I've moved on to the QC and haven't looked back since.

Sunilkrish
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

I have the same problem. There is no response on the left however hard I tap or if I tap thrice.

Jeff_G

Hello all,

I'm sorry to hear your have had issues utilizing the left touch shortcuts. For those of you who posted in October, do you still have these issues now or has it now been rectified?

@Sunilkrish, Have you enabled the shortcut in the Bose Music app? To do this, on the product screen tap Shortcut, toggle the switch to the on position, then choose between either "Hear Battery Level" or "Skip Forward".

Shortcut button Left button shortcut options

You need to double-tap to initiate the shortcut.

If you find this isn't working still, please confirm the firmware version of your Sport Earbuds. You can find this info by selecting the Cog icon > Technical Info > Firmware version.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!