low volume in one ear bud

Bose product name

bose soundsport

Country

Australia

Firmware Version

App Version

16.p

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S21 Android 11

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

right ear volume is lower in all circumstances. even the built in voice commands

it seems like the speaker 'outlet' towards the back of the right ear bud is not producing any sound ( or very low volume). the main speaker outlet in the earbud centre is working. the overall effect is a reduced  tinny sound from the right ear bud

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

all environments

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

about 1 week ago.  yes it has always worked prior to that

Any troubleshooting steps you took

* cleaned the ear buds

* updated Firmware

* connected to different devices

* listened to different types of Audio 

* tried other headphones to ensure the problem wasn't my ear!

* removed the rubber earbud fittings to see if they were blocking sound somehow

* fitted another unused set of rubber fittings 

1 REPLY 1
Tegan_M

Re: low volume in one ear bud

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. We are sorry to hear that you're getting low audio from your left headphone. 

As you have tried the suggested troubleshooting steps, I would recommend that you reach out to your local Bose product support team to explore available service options. You can reach out to your local support team by clicking this link and selecting your region. This will redirect you to our website.

Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

Thank you, do let us know if you have any other questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!