Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

my bose soundsport free is activating voice controls on its own

after 1 hour of exercising while listening to pandora my soundsport free starts activating voice control/siri with out being commanded to do so(it is happening every day). It is also facetiming/calling people in my address book. I was in the locker room and it facetimed a radio station that was in my phonebook. The phone was sitting faceup and I didnt have any clothes on. Serious problem!!!!! This is a security problem. a bit similar to iphones security issues with face time a while back.

The earphones are at 70% charge. I was in a room with no background noise. Pandora was turned off. Siri was also shut off on my phone. This only happens when the earphones are paired, as I have tried to recreate the situation many times.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: my bose soundsport free is activating voice controls on its own

Hi mrolanti,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I would be happy to help with this.

This certainly should not be happening with your headphones, they should only be able to access Siri from either the Multi-function button press on the headphones themselves or if you activate it on your iPhone. 

Just to clarify, you mentioned it happening after 1 hour of exercising, was this a single example, or is this a pattern to when you have noticed Siri being activated? If it was a single example is there any pattern to when this has been happening?

The first thing I would recommend you do to resolve this is to make sure your headphones are fully up to date, by visiting our Device Updater on a computer.

It would also be a good idea to clear the pairing between your phone and the headphones and reconnecting them. To clear the pairing on your headphones, press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a notification.

Let me know how you get on with those steps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Re: my bose soundsport free is activating voice controls on its own

I have downloaded any updates, cleared all bluetooth devices, reset iphone and updated, tested to see if it was phone but it only happens when paired with earphones. The other possibility is moisture. After an hour of working out I am sweating alot and then the earphones start dialing or siri prompting. I took the rubber piece off and notice that there is not sweat inundating it. The situation has happened 4 times after resetting/downloading/clearing.