bigdoggone
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2021

quietcomfort earbuds call volume

I received a new bose quietcomfort earbud set from amazon. 

I updated the bose music app to 4.2.4. the app tells me that i have the newest firmware available. It is able to adjust the volume thru my right ear bud. 

Music plays great and volume is very good. 

I have adjusted the call volume to max on the app and it is verified by swiping up on the right earbud which tells me it is at max.

I am connected to a samsung note 20 ultra. The call volume is at max but I the sound on my earbud is very low. 

I reset the earbuds and cleared them from my phone by unpairing them and then reconnected them but the volume is still low.

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_F

Re: quietcomfort earbuds call volume

Hey bigdoggone,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm pleased to hear you love the sound and functionality of your new QC Earbuds!

To confirm, you're having difficulty with audio being quite low when taking a phone call on your Note 20 Ultra? Is one earbud louder than the other, or are they both at the same level? Are you making normal phone calls, or using a specific application? Have you had the chance to test the earbuds to make phone calls on a different device to see if you notice the same behavior?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Eddiegg1975
Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2021

I have been recently having the same issue with my Quiet Comfort ear buds. I use an IPhone 8 and have tried switching to my wife’s iPhone 11 Pro. The issue is the same. I can listen to music and the volume is as always, very happy with that. Durring phone calls I can barely hear the voice on the phone. I have been using these ear buds for work so I can continue working while on one of my 50 calls a day. I can no longer use my ear buds for calls so if there isn’t a fix they will have to go back to the store. Please fix whatever was messed up in a recent update. 

Jessie_O

Hey there @bigdoggone

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your earbuds and will be more than happy to help you! 

Can you tell me if you have tried any troubleshooting steps to get this working? Can you also let me know if you are experiencing this with native voice calling or through a VoIP calling service?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!